1/6 Hot Toys - MMS231 - Thor: The Dark World - Loki (Specs + Hi-Res Pictures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the end of the day I think Hot Toys will tweak the sculpt simply because of the amount of backlash and lukewarm reception the reveal had.

In fact I can't remember the last time (recently) that a sculpt was disliked so much.

I personally have pre-ordered it anyway because I had some points to use so I got it reasonably cheap. I'm not sure I would have paid full price, though.
Indy and Milla.

At the end of the day I think Hot Toys will tweak the sculpt simply because of the amount of backlash and lukewarm reception the reveal had.

In fact I can't remember the last time (recently) that a sculpt was disliked so much.

I personally have pre-ordered it anyway because I had some points to use so I got it reasonably cheap. I'm not sure I would have paid full price, though.

You used points on THIS? Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They even updated the Hulk sculpt and no one was complaining about that. Now I look at Hulk proto and its like, who is that?!

I think most of the Marvel figures are priority for HT anyway. As long as we keep the heat on, we will get an update.

Yup. Plus MoS body. Bane's body. They are always trying to improve when they can. Some people just don't see it or like to ignore it.

I'd understand if this was early in HT's "career" but no, how can they honestly release this when it looks NOTHING like the actor and the price, FooooooooooooK Off!

I think the VII head was great, has a lot more of Stark's attitude than any of the other sculpts. I don't think it's nearly as bad as people make it out to be. I think the IV head was much worse.

I think the VII head was great, has a lot more of Stark's attitude than any of the other sculpts. I don't think it's nearly as bad as people make it out to be. I think the IV head was much worse.

The mk4 hs was the first good TS hs what r u talking about :cuckoo: The mk7 proto was good and then they ruined it with this
really goofy smirk.

^^^ Anyone have pictures of the Mk7 prototype Tony head and the Mk4 Tony head?

First great head sculpt doesn't mean it's still good. The IV looks like a toy, no life to it at all. Even the likeness isn't that great, it looks a lot better if you have the glasses on but, off, the VII blows it out of the water for me. Obviously these look better in hand than in photos, I tried to get a bunch from people, not officials because I find HT makes them look too pretty.

Say what you want, I still think the VII and Mechanic have the best TS head sculpts to date. Sure they're not neutral expressions but they capture TS's likeness much better than the IV. Also the IV's hair bugs me a lot, just looks too chunky/cartoony.

Hot-Toys-Iron-Man-2-Mark-IV-Limited-Edition-Figure-Tony-Stark-30.jpg
22046d1315075830-hot-toys-mms-toy-show-exclusive-iron-man-mark-iv-head.jpg

Ironman%u00252BMark%u00252BVII%u00252B10.jpg
htim7-21.jpg

robert-downey-jr-the-avengers-ironman.jpg

But back on topic, so disappointed with the price. Trying to justify it so I could finally get a Loki but just too steep for what you get, even if the sculpt was as good as the Avengers one. Throw in a throne and helmet, then we'll talk HT.

I was talking about the new Mechanic Tony and the Battle Damaged Avengers IM Tony. I thought they made good improvements. I really love the Battle Damaged Avengers IM face. I only have this Iron Man now because I think its was the best of all the IM. But that is just my personal tastes.

the new Mechanic Tony went through a few alterations and I really like how it came out as well.

I came in here expecting everyone to be super excited by Loki (hadn't seen the pics, yet) but wow, what a disaster. Anyone else think Loki's lower abdomen looks like he's got a ton of rep pips on it? :lol

"And the winner of the least likely collectible to have a Wait List is..!!!!!!"

Straight to the gift card section or social media giveways.

Back