1/6 Hot Toys - MMS231 - Thor: The Dark World - Loki (Specs + Hi-Res Pictures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have links to both the exclusive verison of Loki and the barearms Thor?

Glad I'm not the only one obsessed with having every one of the soul stones haha. Will look nice next to Thanos in 10 years
Just curious, but I assume you have a spare Loki's spear/staff/scepter then? Since based on its traits and capabilities (dark blue and mind control like in the comics), I'm pretty sure it's one of them...

Just curious, but I assume you have a spare Loki's spear/staff/scepter then? Since based on its traits and capabilities (dark blue and mind control like in the comics), I'm pretty sure it's one of them...
I do only because I broke and got an unopened Avengers Loki on evilbay. Worth every penny. I'm curious if that theory will pan out because in the movies they said it operated off of the tesseract but could just be character misinformation

I do only because I broke and got an unopened Avengers Loki on evilbay. Worth every penny. I'm curious if that theory will pan out because in the movies they said it operated off of the tesseract but could just be character misinformation

Yeah I was wondering about that too, it almost felt like it was operating off of the tesseract but given its capabilities and prolonged appearance (eg. Winter Soldier end-credits), it seems like there's definitely more to it than just being Loki's weapon. Not to mention looking at it closely, it's very Chitauri-inspired in its design (as opposed to being Asgardian) so for all we know, Thanos could have just lent the stone to Loki in the form of a spear/staff. Heck going by Thor: TDW's ending, Loki's already in the best position to acquire the gauntlet for Thanos...

Release date is September... or apparently September...
So, we should see something around July.

Fingers crossed. I'm bracing for the worst so much, that I haven't even considered how I'll react if they redo the sculpt and it turns out to be better than The Avengers version.

As great as Avengers was, I enjoyed Loki more in TDW and even tho the cape and helmet is more comic-accurate, I like his appearance without them, since he had a lot of good scenes in Avengers and TDW without his full gear on. Needless to say, so I really hope this is the case.:lecture

Yeah I was wondering about that too, it almost felt like it was operating off of the tesseract but given its capabilities and prolonged appearance (eg. Winter Soldier end-credits), it seems like there's definitely more to it than just being Loki's weapon. Not to mention looking at it closely, it's very Chitauri-inspired in its design (as opposed to being Asgardian) so for all we know, Thanos could have just lent the stone to Loki in the form of a spear/staff. Heck going by Thor: TDW's ending, Loki's already in the best position to acquire the gauntlet for Thanos...

As great as Avengers was, I enjoyed Loki more in TDW and even tho the cape and helmet is more comic-accurate, I like his appearance without them, since he had a lot of good scenes in Avengers and TDW without his full gear on. Needless to say, so I really hope this is the case.:lecture

I totally agree, the tesseract is on Asgard, and yet the spear was still operating on earth, and why didnt Thor take that too :lol. If you watch the arguing scene in the avengers it looks as if they are all being controlled by the spear(or possibly Loki[less likely])..... especially when Stark shakes it off, its clear he was being controlled slightly.... I don't think its the mind gem because why would Thanos send it away if he needs it, seems risky, perhaps it's just a Chitauri device. I am also skeptical of the idea that Thanos sent Loki to earth knowing he'd be captured and then be able to take control of asgard from within and then secretly serve him so he could then get the gauntlet for him, if that was the case why would Loki allow Sif and Volstagg to take the Aether to the collector, assuming he was the one who sent them and not Odin which doesnt seem likely either.

It's too far to see for me & the res isn't so high, but for anyone who has really good vision, can you tell if there are any head sculpt improvements?

10370991_718090388252954_2541745687858572345_n.jpg

Looks the same. Then again it could just be them using the same old prototype for a quick photo instead of *ahem* a new and improved sculpt that is currently being worked on for the mass-production version. I can dream right? :pray:

Looks the same. Then again it could just be them using the same old prototype for a quick photo instead of *ahem* a new and improved sculpt that is currently being worked on for the mass-production version. I can dream right? :pray:

Dream on, my friend. To infinity and beyond!!

I would guess those are just figures that were handy. I really think we will see a change in head sculpt during production.

They will only change it if the licensor wants them to. This photo is really no indication if this is the final, so I wouldn't go by this photo.

Back