1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can they just sell to marvel already?! I mean were talking epic crossovers if spidey goes home.

:exactly:
I was saying that before I found out that TASM was coming out. Whenever it finally does, I believe we will finally get a great Spider-Man movie. They need to wait a few years though and not reboot it so quickly.

It's interesting--in fact shocking--to me that ASM2 grossed less than all previous Spidey movies including all the Raimi movies. I'm going to voice what may be an unpopular opinion here: Spider-man, more than any other movie superhero with the exception of Iron Man, is really about the alter ego, not the costumed persona. Tobey Maguire knocked these movies out of the park. People saw the Raimi Spider-Man movies in droves, and they were largely driven by Maguire; Peter Parker had at least as much screen time in those movies as Spider-Man did.

So maybe the problem with the new series is Andrew Garfield? Maybe Spidey is the one hero where you don't want to cast a relatively unknown actor, but rather someone audiences already have shown an affinity for.

It's interesting--in fact shocking--to me that ASM2 grossed less than all previous Spidey movies including all the Raimi movies. I'm going to voice what may be an unpopular opinion here: Spider-man, more than any other movie superhero with the exception of Iron Man, is really about the alter ego, not the costumed persona. Tobey Maguire knocked these movies out of the park. People saw the Raimi Spider-Man movies in droves, and they were largely driven by Maguire; Peter Parker had at least as much screen time in those movies as Spider-Man did.

So maybe the problem with the new series is Andrew Garfield? Maybe Spidey is the one hero where you don't want to cast a relatively unknown actor, but rather someone audiences already have shown an affinity for.

I dont think Maguire was relatively well known until Spiderman

Maguire wasn't that known till Spider-Man; the only film I know he was in prior was Deconstructing Harry and that was such a small role. He had maybe three films and decent roles in them according to Wikipedia but I never heard about them at all. Garfield didn't have many known roles, but The Social Network, while just one film, was a pretty huge hit at the time of TASM 1 so that may have helped. I guess some of the other actors helped too since TASM 1 has well known actors like Sally Field, Martin Sheen, and Emma Stone.

Melkor, I disagree about only Spider-Man being mostly about the alter-ego due to The Dark Knight Trilogy with the role Bruce Wayne alone played and how that was a praised element. I see the rest of what you're saying, but I think Spider-Man is not the only movie super hero mainly about the alter ego.

Anyway, this is now coming out in September? I might have to cancel as well, since I have it on flex and other things to pay for in August.

Maguire wasn't that known till Spider-Man; the only film I know he was in prior was Deconstructing Harry and that was such a small role. He had maybe three films and decent roles in them according to Wikipedia but I never heard about them at all. Garfield didn't have many known roles, but The Social Network, while just one film, was a pretty huge hit at the time of TASM 1 so that may have helped. I guess some of the other actors helped too since TASM 1 has well known actors like Sally Field, Martin Sheen, and Emma Stone.

Melkor, I disagree about only Spider-Man being mostly about the alter-ego due to The Dark Knight Trilogy with the role Bruce Wayne alone played and how that was a praised element. I see the rest of what you're saying, but I think Spider-Man is not the only movie super hero mainly about the alter ego.

Anyway, this is now coming out in September? I might have to cancel as well, since I have it on flex and other things to pay for in August.
Your flex won't change unless you request it.

If this is releasing early, thats only bad news. Instead of making any changes, they'd rather just push it out the door and be done with it.

I don't know, the figure as shown so far looks pretty good to me. The costume has a rubbery look to it I guess but so what? It still looks like a perfect representation of Spidey to me...

What a great post. Very insightful; you explained your view perfectly.

Yeah prefer Tobey's spiderman to Garfields, but I willing to embrace Garfield with carrying the role forward. I think his doing a good job but in all honesty he does not look like a Peter Parker if that makes any sense.

I prefer Tobey's Peter and completely hate Garfield's Pater but I ****ing LOVE his Spider-Man. So yeah I think the better Peter goes to Tobey while the better Spidey is Garfield.

Back