1/6 Hot Toys - MMS276 - Commando: John Matrix Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might just bite the bullet and order from Sideshow since I want this sooner than later.

qlTZoZt.gif

Have my doubts about the head but this does look great. Deffo purchase

From most of the pics seen so far I'm not really feeling that headsculpt myself. Seems like the best Arnold likenesses have to be Terminators with half the face missing - Enterbay BD T-800 and Hot Toys DX13 full BD sculpt. When they sculpt an entire Arnold face it ends up looking off for one reason or another.

I don't know what it is that's throwing me off. Maybe its his hair, the body and clothing is fine, its just that headscupt is not anywhere close to the proto. Either way I'm stuck with this guy due to being on flex pay lol

It looks ok IMO, but I think that the body isn't quite right.
Only thing that really bothers me is that his bicep doesn't look anatomically correct when the arm is bent
Arnold had a great peak on his bi, this looks like a bunch of synthol when his arm is bent(see biggest biceps in the world)

Only thing that really bothers me is that his bicep doesn't look anatomically correct when the arm is bent
Arnold had a great peak on his bi, this looks like a bunch of synthol when his arm is bent(see biggest biceps in the world)

We'll never get that unless they go with pre-posed interchangeable plastic arms.

We'll never get that unless they go with pre-posed interchangeable plastic arms.

And then we're back to statues. I want articulated figures. Not statues. I can live with the arms not being perfect in the name of better articulation. While I don't think these arms look bad, I still would have preferred jointed arms like the Wolverine over the rubber, for the usual reasons.

And then we're back to statues. I want articulated figures. Not statues. I can live with the arms not being perfect in the name of better articulation. While I don't think these arms look bad, I still would have preferred jointed arms like the Wolverine over the rubber, for the usual reasons.

I just hope that HT doesn't give Rambo rubber arms if they make a 2.0 version. I don't get what's the point of the rubber arms and torso? Is a rubber looking body really more realistic or human looking than a body with some joints? Not Really. :dunno

Of course it looks more realistic. What's the point in doing them that way otherwise?

At least they didn't go the double jointed Roadblock route. Yuck.

11944377125_34a793cb4b.jpg

i like the rubber bodies, especially if a figure will one day b posed shirtless

Back