1/6 Hot Toys - MMS276 - Commando: John Matrix Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly think if that old Dutch sculpt had the eyes and skin painted to their current level it'd be dead-on. What I don't understand is how you go from 'nearly perfect' in 2009 to 'not even close' in 2015.

No kidding. It looks very cheap to me. There was no reason at all to modify the prototype. The last figure I can recall that had such a big difference when it came out was the Christopher Reeve Supe, but that was for the better... this is in reverse...

It's not that bad....is it?

attachment.php.jpg

Vs

commando_34497_34474.jpg

matrix-4.jpg

It really kind of is - it's just starting to sink in how much so, actually. The prototype was absolutely perfect, though.

I mean... I'll probably get it since I won't have another option for Matrix... but I'm definitely not paying retail costs.

:lecture

The next round of pictures, everyone will be all goo goo for it saying it's great and they were just bad pics. Then another set will show up and everyone will be back to hating on it. Thus is the cycle of every figure release ever.

Don't know what it is, but they NEVER get Arnie right. Some are better than others, but you'd think by now they would hit close to the mark every time now.

The only time they ever get it right is the battle-damaged Terminators, which inconveniently have huge holes in the sculpt revealing the character's metal innards.

Is it perfect no because human artists have flaws, But it's the best we will get for now, at least it's not another damb iron man release LOL. I think it is funny how we are swearing now not to get it and will swear by it later, it is the cycle of love hate that has happened before and is happening now and will happen again just wait till they release Han Solo and Cheebacca!!!!! That's gonna be fun a smuggler and a Rug!

I didn't expect to get it at this level, but the proto to production gap was way too wide on this one.

TmVAaEE.jpg

11221333_10152941425997344_4439911598746085349_o.jpg

I think I've convinced myself that it's still nice enough to get, but maybe at some type of discount later.

This has to be the worst Arnold figure I've seen. I have two more flex payments on SSC, I'll have to contact them today and see if they can cancel it for me. That's just way too much of a discrepancy between the prototype and production sculpt. Looks absolutely nothing like Arnold.

Okay, I contacted Sideshow about some of these shipping notices people have received. This is the response I got.

Thank you for taking the time to contact our Customer Service Department.

I am sorry for the confusion on this. It is true that some people received an email regarding this item processing and shipping soon. We recently starting shipping international orders directly from our Hong Kong warehouse. This warehouse covers orders to countries that we can ship to from Hong Kong and that means that some people will be getting certain products in advance of when we would be getting them here in the US.

All US orders plus the countries that cannot be delivered to from the Hong Kong warehouse will still continue to ship from the US.

Wow, that is very interesting. Thank you for this info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back