1/6 Hot Toys - MMS276 - Commando: John Matrix Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's kinda disheartening that out of the last three HT Arnolds: "Anorexic woman in leather-Arnold", "Teenage camo-Arnold" and "Old codger-Arnold",the best one turns out to be the old codger. :gah:

If anyone digs up the picture of 14-15 year old Arnold he has the build of this figure.

Of course it looks more realistic. What's the point in doing them that way otherwise?

At least they didn't go the double jointed Roadblock route. Yuck.

11944377125_34a793cb4b.jpg

It's still a plastic looking figure. :lol I just don't see how getting rid of some joints makes it look that much better. That yucky body won't crack and fall apart, and it doesn't hinder the articulation either. Roadblock's arm aren't very nice, but the Barney Ross is much better looking and you don't have to worry about the rubber decaying.

Well, yeah, I still know it's a plastic/rubber looking figure :lol But I like inchin' closer to realism, while keeping poseability aspects. I don't really worry about the rubber decaying anyway. A few years in, & my rubber figures are fine. Maybe if I had a different experience with rubber figures, my thinking might be different. But as of right now, I prefer seamless bodies. Of course, there are pro's & con's for having jointed or seamless, & preferences might vary. I don't think there is a "more" right option with this.

I'd go by that picture if anything since that's what the sculpt will generally look like under your display lighting.

Okay, I contacted Sideshow about some of these shipping notices people have received. This is the response I got.

Thank you for taking the time to contact our Customer Service Department.

I am sorry for the confusion on this. It is true that some people received an email regarding this item processing and shipping soon. We recently starting shipping international orders directly from our Hong Kong warehouse. This warehouse covers orders to countries that we can ship to from Hong Kong and that means that some people will be getting certain products in advance of when we would be getting them here in the US.

All US orders plus the countries that cannot be delivered to from the Hong Kong warehouse will still continue to ship from the US.

Okay, I contacted Sideshow about some of these shipping notices people have received. This is the response I got.

Thank you for taking the time to contact our Customer Service Department.

I am sorry for the confusion on this. It is true that some people received an email regarding this item processing and shipping soon. We recently starting shipping international orders directly from our Hong Kong warehouse. This warehouse covers orders to countries that we can ship to from Hong Kong and that means that some people will be getting certain products in advance of when we would be getting them here in the US.

All US orders plus the countries that cannot be delivered to from the Hong Kong warehouse will still continue to ship from the US.
That's some nice info to find out. Cheers.

Jesus Christ, Hot Toys. The first sculpt was perfect in every way. This doesn't even look like Arnold any more, it looks more like a young Dolph Lungdren.

I was all-in for picking this figure up but my gut told me not to bother preordering in case it dropped in price like Robocop, glad I listened to it. The sad thing is I may still buy this anyway because I want to encourage Hot Toys to furnish me with a Bennet figure...

Back