1/6 Hot Toys - MMS276 - Commando: John Matrix Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It certainly is disappointing, every time someone posts a photo of the prototype it makes the final product look even worse.

This came out way too early, more should have been done to preserve as much detail as possible. The sculpt is clearly miles apart and that's really quite depressing if you've pre-ordered it (I haven't). Hot Toys are pushing releases out at lightning speed at the moment and the quality is deteriorating as a result. Here's an idea HT, less Iron Man/Marvel and more of something else for a while.

Well that's me out of pocket around 50 GBP. He's officially been cancelled. There is just too much of a difference in the proto and the final. I just cant like this figure no matter how much I try, and boy am I trying!

Last edited:
i like his back more! :rotfl

commando back.jpg

commando front.jpg

TmVAaEE.jpg

They definitely changed the hair. In the proto, the hair strands come to points rather than thick pretzel rods things. He also lost all texture to his face.

Actually one of my first action figures, Big Jim, had a bicep that would bulge when his arm was bent. That was in the 70s so the manufacturers should be able to do it today.
Enterbay did that with their rubber Bruce Lee body. Mechanism in the bicep that flexed when bent at the elbow.

While the differences in skin are clearly obvious, I have to say that the hair was one of the things I looked at first as being massively downgraded. The body also lost a lot of texture.

View attachment 197498[/QUOTE]

Is this possible after that perfect proto?

I was so happy for this figure but now im cold as ice.

Now i am more afraid for Han Solo my No.1 expected figure this year.

Luke farmer proto is also perfect, but after this i will never pay anything in advance.

I have to agree with people here about the Head.There was a time when HT stepped up their game and gave collectors a product that looked just as good as the prototype.A good example is their Expendables Barney Ross figures and they truly were as good as the prototype.We don't see that anymore.

It's definitely one of the more striking examples of a 'soft' hot toys sculpt. The sculpt is the same, but is has this soft detailed appearance in the final product. We've all seen it before.

I'm sure it looks great in hand.

This thread is going the same way the BD T800 did. Everyone said it was horrible when the first pictures came out. Head was too big, too soft. Now it's the most fantastic figure ever done by any company. (Of course, I'm not in that camp.) Let's just see what happens when more people get this in hand.

Totally agree. Then all those who cancelled their pre-orders will be moaning they cancelled their pre-orders ha!

Back