1/6 Hot Toys - MMS276 - Commando: John Matrix Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread is going the same way the BD T800 did. Everyone said it was horrible when the first pictures came out. Head was too big, too soft. Now it's the most fantastic figure ever done by any company. (Of course, I'm not in that camp.) Let's just see what happens when more people get this in hand.

Totally agree. Its being examined at a super magnified level which is always gonna show up faults. No headsculpt ever done by ht can stand up to that level of scrutiny and be perfect. Like you said lets wait till its in hand and then make a judgement.

Could always pose him like this..

o8euqdpqccisgm8gkwad.jpg

:dunno

^^ '' Now these are Vietnam Jungle boots ''
Name that movie.

Prototypes will always differ from the final product. Sometimes more so then others. Just look at the Great Robocop colour fiasco 2015.

I'm sure he looks better in person because I do see Arnie in there. However, with many of the photos I keep seeing Howie Long:
10pvc3o.jpg

Just found his thread after looking at pics on Fb for a few days. What's the general reaction? Mine was it looks like a poor repaint from 5 years ago. :(

Just found his thread after looking at pics on Fb for a few days. What's the general reaction? Mine was it looks like a poor repaint from 5 years ago. :(

Not many like it. I do though along with maybe another 2 or 3 people on here. I think there's a whole bunch of pics it looks great in plus the one natural shot of it I've seen looks great too:

11698706_1151516401529164_4306452899795243858_n.jpg

This is THE figure that started me buying Hot Toys, so dammit, I'm having him... He'll have to be Nathan Drake levels of prototype pulling the wool over our eyes before I'm hugely disappointed... :lecture

Back