1/6 Hot Toys - MMS276 - Commando: John Matrix Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at the side by side sculpt I realise this reminds me more of Kurt Russell than Arnie.

That's absolutely true my friend. Also weirdly I'm told it's common practice for people to photoshop in-hand pictures to look worse to enforce their point if they don't like the figure. Now that is really odd because it's not like they're a business competitor

At the same time, people are posting pics to prove how bad it is and I'm like, "Whoa, looks great!" For all I know, I'm blinded by my love for Arnie. lol

Ya, but many are blinded by their hate of the figure. It's easy to find the WORST pics of a figure, and then compare it to protos and such...

i dont know why so many people hated it. the head sculpt may not be as sharp as the prototype
but its definitely not bad at all. and is an improvement over the previous one. with price just 83%
of a plastic iron man figure, you've got tons of accessories to play with. not to mention the muscular
body specifically designed for john matrix. look at his bicep, its awesome! :clap
i can say i have no regret getting this figure.

Good point... Look at the new Arnie T-800, which as much as I like it, might as well just be 68 year old Arnie in a jacket with shotgun accessory.... and it has "Terminator Tax" added to it's price..

I just wanted the figure to resemble that of what I was shown when I placed my pre-order and started my flex pay. I wont ever pre-order or flex pay anything in future. Lesson learnt. Il await the videos and reviews then buy on my credit card. I'm just disappointed as I love the character, the film, have always wanted a figure like this etc. I await clippers vids from the weekend.

Clippers vid has reaffirmed what I thought from eBay pics. Under normal lighting the sculpt looks fine.....a bit soft and weaker paint apps but it would be a qualify as a purchase.

I decided to have fun mutilating the final photo with sharpness, shadows & highlights like HT probably does:

Original:

11218083_1468853473427661_5119810515007857647_o.jpg

Now...

PROMOFIED™!

promo-fied.jpg

:lol

I decided to have fun mutilating the final photo with sharpness, shadows & highlights like HT probably does:

Original:

View attachment 197803

Now...

PROMOFIED™!

View attachment 197804

:lol

I don't doubt that HT plays with the picture a bit, but the proto is painted by an expert using the original sculpt. They don't really need to play with it much. A paint job like that by some of the best on the board here runs $150-$200. People already complain about the prices. Do we want to pay the price for that quality? In this case, I might since I'm such a huge Arnie fan, but not on a regular basis for sure.

I don't doubt that HT plays with the picture a bit, but the proto is painted by an expert using the original sculpt. They don't really need to play with it much. A paint job like that by some of the best on the board here runs $150-$200. People already complain about the prices. Do we want to pay the price for that quality? In this case, I might since I'm such a huge Arnie fan, but not on a regular basis for sure.

No doubt the proto is painted much better than we'll ever get unless we pay a premium. I was just goofing around.

Back