1/6 Hot Toys - MMS276 - Commando: John Matrix Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flippers vid sold me on the head so. Just hope the rubber body holds up, never had a rubber body figure before other than batmans. :panic:

Me neither. If I had the money I'd get two: one unmodded to show off the cool body sculpt and another modded with jointed arms for the geared up version, allowing me to pose it without fear.

I don't spend much time reading the Star Wars threads, but man they are **** about their Darth Vaders.... seriously, I'm an OT fan from way back. ROTJ was one of the first movies I remember seeing as a child in the theatres, I had the audiobooks on tape and used to listen to them before VHS tapes for domestic playback was a 'thing', and daydreamed of being a Jedi... yet I hadn't even really realised that there were big differences between his suits in each of the 3 movies...

:lsvader

I was obsessed with Jabba the Hutt. We'd rent a VCR and the first two movies but I was so disappointed to not see Jabba. One day, my parents surprised me with a trip to the theatre and I saw ROTJ on the big screen. That's one of my earliest childhood memories. Good times. I'm more of a casual fan of Star Wars now. I've seen the debates and I'm kind of glad not to be deeply in that world. All of the Hot Toys releases are tempting, especially the new Luke, but I can't start collecting. It would be brutal on my finances.

Me neither. If I had the money I'd get two: one unmodded to show off the cool body sculpt and another modded with jointed arms for the geared up version, allowing me to pose it without fear.

Yeah i would swap out the arms too but i dont have good skills painting camo. Maybe we can get a custom thread going for alternative jointed arms. Oh and nice avatar by the way with Frank Zappa :yess:

When I saw the blogger pics up on facebook I was not really impressed. Seeing him in clipperking's vids though make him appear much better and much more how he'll appear in person.

I plan to get this at some point, but I'll not be ordering for a while as I have a ton on order recently and there really isn't any rush. I'll wait for some form of discount.

Body looks ok.......the head is a shocker compared to the proto, glad i am tied up with the star wars line and was not tempted.

Flippers vid sold me on the head so. Just hope the rubber body holds up, never had a rubber body figure before other than batmans. :panic:

In my experience, it's hit and miss with the rubber bodies. I have had some early ones that cracked badly. I also have the original BD ED-209 and Aliens Drake which has been posed holding the smart gun for several years now and neither has any sign of deterioration. I think climate and how much you handle them are definite factors. That being said, I would prefer to avoid the issue altogether by not using rubber at all.

I like that they made his knife metal, nice touch. I was thinking about something the other day though, in the film matrix uses a combat knife, ballistic knife, and 2 throwing knives. I saw that he only comes with the 2 knives and combat knife, so does that mean HT left out the ballistic knife?

I like that they made his knife metal, nice touch. I was thinking about something the other day though, in the film matrix uses a combat knife, ballistic knife, and 2 throwing knives. I saw that he only comes with the 2 knives and combat knife, so does that mean HT left out the ballistic knife?

The knife is made of plastic, i believe.

Video is better than pics. Didn't do much to change my disappointment.

I guess that's that.

Arnie is popular, so maybe a nice custom John Matrix portrait might pop up later. That's all it would take to get this figure to that next level. I want to buy this figure in case that happens, but of course, at a discount. For those that like it as is, enjoy.

Anyone have the $20 off coupon someone mentioned earlier? Might be able to make this work with my points, coupon, and my paypal balance

Back