1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder when Sideshow will get their next batch? Ready for that early processing email!

I just called sideshow on that, got told no eta and I will have to wait till the next batch to arrive and I will get an email when they are ready to process my order, they did say it should be soon whatever that amounts too:dunno

Here's my review for those that are interested :)

Great video DA.
Love the Midnight City intro. :)
Looking forward to see the Cap comparison.

Nice!

Here are Both Stealth and Avenger 2 next to Winter Soldier

View attachment 190907

Cool pic.

You're welcome! I can't wait to see the Captain America comparison video!

Also....400th post!!!!!! :)

Grats on your 400th post! :fireworks :fireworks :fireworks

Here are the rest of the pictures of the bullet impact/ricochet pieces.

I'm making more with alternate colors.

hlPLzvB.jpg

uHVbY2Q.jpg

hz9p9hW.jpg

gaLViY5.jpg

H18BOnH.jpg

Here you can see the low profile magnets used to add placement options beyond just the two magnetic points the shield already has.

yLZESdL.jpg

Alright all,

I had some time to unbox Cap and mess around with him. Review will be coming tomorrow but I do have to say I'm very impressed. As a Cap collector I'm really happy. First off packaging is basic but I dig the design. Overall once I got to the clamshell holding the figure I opened him up and I wasn't like I usually am. Yes this is the best Cap to date for sure and I'm very impressive, but I think what really gets me is that it's basically the same as Stealth but with minor changes. I knew it would be and that's probably why I wasn't so blown away. Both sculpts again are fantastic and basically the same from the Winter Soldier line besides the Steve Rogers sculpt looking to the far left a bit. Definitely is Chris Evans in both sculpts. Paint is good as always and costuming is a HUGE improvement. The articulation is a plus for me. It's not rock hard like Stealth which as much as that suit looked fantastic it could pose for ****. Really nice design and looks great. The magnet Die Cast Shield is excellent as is the magnetized hands and back portion. Only thing is it was a pain to put on the gripping hands for the shield. I felt like it couldn't fit in and would break the handle off or scratch the paint off. I think it's a really tight fit and hands swapping out is easy but again it's in a deep socket and is hard to fully connect. Heads swap easily too and I recommend you use the plastic tool that comes with it to push down any portions of the suit that are out of place. I like that the belt is on buttons. Mine came raised and had to mess around with it but no biggie. I like the empty helmet and of course the Steve Rogers head it comes with and that stand is cool. Overall as a Cap fan I'm very impressed. I wasn't so blown away this time around just because it's the same figure just changed around a bit but I'm loving it and highly recommend you pick him up and this is the Cap to get for sure. Here's a pic I took of him below. It's a beauty and I love it I truly do I just wasn't so excited or as blown away just for the fact it's the same as Stealth with minor changes. Doesn't change the fact that I'm happy to own him and be apart of the first batch. Review coming tomorrow!

Ryan
6nxegi.jpg

Just got done opening and sorting my AoU Captain America.

All I can say is WOW! This is hands down the best HT figure I have ever seen and own. The level of detail is amazing and the tailoring is superb. The inclusion of a spare helmet and Chris Evans head sculpt is too good to be true. The down side is that it makes it hard to decide just how to pose him.

About the figure itself...I can say the suit is fantastic. Not the bright, over saturated costume we see in the photos. In hand, the suit is deep, dark and perfectly done. I cannot honestly think of any way this could have been done better...

Well, save one.

I included a few photos of my Cap, mixed with the boots and gloves of TFA Captain America. INMHO...this is what Cap should have looked like on screen. To me, it is the perfect movie suit. I just may have to leave him like this cause it looks that damn good. I'm surprised no one else has tried it yet....Well, that I have seen.

Enjoy, fellow owners!

AoU Cap 1.JPGAoU Cap 2.JPG

So happy all the way around with this guy. So realistic looking. Had to text my friends!:clap Sorry for the always-crappy lighting at my house.

ezgif-1162069424.gif

Back