1/6 Hot Toys - MMS281 - Avengers: AoU - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was such a fail for HT.

The sculpt and the body just don't work. I think the best thing to do if you have one is to use the spare head from AOU Cap on it.

The AOU or Strike suit Steve head which I used makes everything fall into place for Golden age, only problem was the head, with the new head the body proportions look great I think.

17332017782_a562440b12_b.jpg

17307922066_3192b7516f_b.jpg

The sculpt and the body just don't work. I think the best thing to do if you have one is to use the spare head from AOU Cap on it.

I used the scuplt from the 1st Avenger cap and it looks perfect (imo). It's still my favorite even over my AoU and i think this cap is very well done. I think this is going to be the last Cap in my collection (8 is more than enough Captains :lol) unless they make a good BD version.

The AOU or Strike suit Steve head which I used makes everything fall into place for Golden age, only problem was the head, with the new head the body proportions look great I think.

17332017782_a562440b12_b.jpg

17307922066_3192b7516f_b.jpg

Yeap, that works. They really should have included that sculpt with it.

Just wanted to share a short test video I made using After Effects to create the "Bullet Time" effect. :) Using the Avengers Black Widow and AoU Cap in the shot.

Besides the sculpt being weird its the upper body proportions that bothered me. When i tried to look past the body problem, the head just bothered me again.

wow the GA cap does look better if u take away that ugly head, it makes the upper bod look better too! That's good to know for GA owners i guess but i prefer to have a good figure to start with. This cap does that :lecture

image.jpg

Got my cap but the shield does not quite sit in the middle when I put it on his back or forearm. Not a big deal but just wondering iF anyone has the same issue like this? Other than that, it looks awesome.

Thanks guys! Hated the stand though! It's hard to do dynamic poses with those wire support. Anyway had a hard time getting the shield centered on his back. Seems like the magnets are not placed properly.

Back