1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^I'm just speculating and giving possibilities for the name choices, so I'm by no means confirming or imposing what I think will actually happen.

Also I just addressed the point about the names in my previous post, in which he could just be called Ultron throughout the entire film. There's also enough differences between Ultron Prime and Ultimate Ultron's design for the audience to interpret that he looks different without the need to even use the two names.

^I'm just speculating and giving possibilities for the name choices, so I'm by no means confirming or imposing what I think will actually happen.

Also I just addressed the point about the names in my previous post, in which he could just be called Ultron throughout the entire film. There's also enough differences between Ultron Prime and Ultimate Ultron's design for the audience to interpret that he looks different without the need to even use the two names.

If he where just called ultron the whole film that would work. But I do not think that's the case. Hot toys has a prime. Lego has 3. Hasbro has prime and mk1 so far. At some point I think those will come up. Probably like iron man, he doesn't run around being called iron man mk6 or mk42...just iron man.

I get you are speculating. I'm just doing the same. Wasn't trying to come at you or anything. Just address what you said and tell you my thoughts on it.

I think the difference will be just the upgraded armor. To show his final evolution. To me there are differences to warrant a new figure.

That to me is not evolution. Not enough to justify a new name. That is like iron man or War machine having rockets and missiles pop up, or adding a new gun. Still the same "suit" or body. This armor diff between "prime" and ultimate could be armor he already has in the prime form that organically comes out in battle. Like it's just hidden in the recess.

I know there are better examples but I can't think of any at the moment. But the armor is hidden then he transforms ready for battle. Like how Groot grew a shield. He's still Groot. Not ultimate Groot. Lol now if the differences are more then just add on parts to the prime frame that's different. But from what We have been shown I don't see much more then that

If he where just called ultron the whole film that would work. But I do not think that's the case. Hot toys has a prime. Lego has 3. Hasbro has prime and mk1 so far. At some point I think those will come up. Probably like iron man, he doesn't run around being called iron man mk6 or mk42...just iron man.

I get you are speculating. I'm just doing the same. Wasn't trying to come at you or anything. Just address what you said and tell you my thoughts on it.
Hot Toys also has "New Goblin" and that name never came up in the movie soooo.... :dunno

Also I don't disagree with them possibly using Mk 1 or Prime as means of distinguishing Ultron, especially since they're very basic descriptors.

That to me is not evolution. Not enough to justify a new name. That is like iron man or War machine having rockets and missiles pop up, or adding a new gun. Still the same "suit" or body. This armor diff between "prime" and ultimate could be armor he already has in the prime form that organically comes out in battle. Like it's just hidden in the recess.

I know there are better examples but I can't think of any at the moment. But the armor is hidden then he transforms ready for battle. Like how Groot grew a shield. He's still Groot. Not ultimate Groot. Lol now if the differences are more then just add on parts to the prime frame that's different. But from what We have been shown I don't see much more then that
Well you could also put it this way. Like a normal soldier who wears his armor for his battles. The normal version would be ultron and the armored one would be battle armored ultron but in this case ultimate ultron. I get what you are saying and it is a valid point. I just hope they show the differences. I doubt he transforms because they would not want him to be a transformer and it defeats the purpose of him not transforming every time he battles. Like the trailer fight with cap where his body gets damaged. Probably made him realise it is time to upgrade. Just some random rants. Heh.

I for one love prime in the movies but not HT's figure as the face has too many defined lines that are not as noticable in the movie. I still want an ultimate figure as his armor would be less likely to be damaged by caps shield.

ultron prime face.JPG
ultron%u00252Bprime%u00252Bback.JPG
ultron%u00252Bprime%u00252Bwaist.JPG

The face sculpt on the figure really just turns me off. Shame as I really want Ultron.

:goodpost:
Yeah I think its pretty bad. It looks very rough and its difficult to spot a cleanly sculpted line
I think they went off this pic
2115663753F4F3692A7FCA

rather than this one, which is the head I want to see
ultron-empire.jpg

I think this guy is going to really need the lights turned on to look good...I think without batteries on and lights working in his face...he is going to really lose his impressiveness...

:goodpost:
Yeah I think its pretty bad. It looks very rough and its difficult to spot a cleanly sculpted line
I think they went off this pic
2115663753F4F3692A7FCA

rather than this one, which is the head I want to see
ultron-empire.jpg

:dunno I really don't think they based their sculpt off of that one, especially considering how it still uses the conceptual design of Ultron Prime. Had they based their sculpt off of the first pic, it would have resulted in a sculpt that's sure to be more smooth than the one we have right now.

It's clear that HT based theirs off the current model, rather the obvious difference is that they picked an expression in which the "eyebrows" aren't as furrowed and how some of the lines look way too defined (they should have engraved them instead of actually fully sculpting some of them). HT's sculpt looks less "angry", and it feels closer to the following pic:
fnYlssk.png

Honestly I think it's simply a matter of HT having difficulties in sculpting Ultron's "likeness", sure as hell ain't the first time they had such problems.

The things that bother me are the eyebrows looked to relaxed they should have a higher arch to them to give him a more sinister look. The nose area looks too busy. And I think they should darken in the area around his eyes.

Back