1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Ultron Prime 1:6 scale figure - official pictures

If the artist mix bobble heads are anything to go by I think we'll see a drone style Ultron at some point, it'd make sense to milk Ultron for all they can after all. lol :)

I believe the Ultron sentries are a different design and smaller... so no reusing of parts...

Looks depressingly bad imo, something is not right with it....

hopefully the Ultron sentry B is made and better quality

HO-LEE CRAP. :panic:

Not getting this, but a mighty congratulations to those who will. :duff

Where are Brainiac, Ultron-7 and Ronri? They gotta see this.

It's early here in the UK :lol

Honestly, I'm not blown away, something is throwing it off imo but I can't put my finger on it yet.

Does look amazing from the wide shots, but some angles and up close pics look... well weird.

Still hoping for the sentry personally as I don't want an Ultron who's bigger than Thanos in my display. With that said, I do love the Ultron Prime design.

Why in God's name they never made a Ronan is beyond me. That would be such a cool figure. I wonder if the GOTG line didn't do as well as they had hoped.

But yes, please, MORE villains!

Well the lack of Drax has screwed all the collectors who bought the other guardians so they need to sort that before making more GOTG characters imo.

Looks good. Those that are upset it's not comic enough...that's not what hot toys has a license for. If you don't like the design that's a complaint for marvel. It's funny how before a figure comes out everyone is gun-ho and says they will order it no matter what..then suddenly when it is officially announced suddenly that changes for large amounts of those people. lol goes to show how much stuff toy makers have to deal with on the consumer side.

For me this is a great looking proto. I've never been a big villains collector. But I PO'd Thanos and will this as well. I'm happy with it.

Again, for those saying there will be another version because of the title (ultron prime) or the stand image....the name is made by marvel. It's what marvel are calling him. Doesn't mean there will be or won't be another version. And the stands. I've stated since that pic dropped that it's a publicity pic. Just a cool way to show upcoming figures in the line. The mark 43 that we know is coming for sure has the dio base. This ultron has a better A base. That photo was just an artistic reveal. As I said then, I wouldn't read to much into it. Vision will have dynamic base. Thor will have one that incorporates his hammer.

I like this figure though. Not perfect, but most the issues I have are becuase if the way marvel studios designed him. Hot toys has no control over that part. And the other issues are becuase the movie character is a computer generated image. Never going to look as good in real life plastic toys. But save for those issues, for what it is essentially, I'm stoked. I don't usually buy bad guys...but this and thanos will be my first/second.

I think the pic with stands were real stands that will be used. Captain America comes with his. We know of a mark 45 suit. Don't forget nearly every possible figure was made from Avengers 1. 10 of them plus a battle damaged mark 7 and a reissue Mark 6.
So I wouldn't count the stands as a publicity photo just yet.

Looks ok. Im not saying that i wouldnt pick it up but i dont get why everyones losing theyre minds over it. Its the worst AOU reveal so far. I dont care how big it is. It comes with NOTHING! No accessories means a severe lack posing options. Which means its alot closer to being a figure statue. And that my friends is a let down.

Would Ultron need to come with extra accessories? :p it's kinda like Thanos, what else would he really need to come with besides the Infinity Gauntlet and extra hands and a throne we're getting with the first release

I think the pic with stands were real stands that will be used. Captain America comes with his. We know of a mark 45 suit. Don't forget nearly every possible figure was made from Avengers 1. 10 of them plus a battle damaged mark 7 and a reissue Mark 6.
So I wouldn't count the stands as a publicity photo just yet.

I think some of them are rather symbolic than real. I doubt they'd give Hulk a puny stand.

Would Ultron need to come with extra accessories? :p it's kinda like Thanos, what else would he really need to come with besides the Infinity Gauntlet and extra hands and a throne we're getting with the first release

Havent seen the movie but from the trailer at least he can come with a broken cap shield to lay at his feet or red lightning lasers to come from his fingertips like electro figure. Theres is always something. And yes i love hands. Hands really expand your posing options but at least his are articulated because that would be a problem. Weve only seen thanos in his chair ultrons gonna be moving around/fighting so we cant really compare them.

It's definitely one I'll debate! I think it looks really good in terms of scale and design! He's definitely a "presence" figure, much like Thanos will be. He's a figure you display among the rest of the Avengers, and he shows his power that way. Size will definitely boost the price, as will the lighting and such, though I don't see this one coming in at over $349.99...and I would think it'll even be lower than that (I'd hope for $329.99.)

That all said, price will definitely be what makes people debate this one above all else. I think most would be a lot more comfortable even if it was $299.99 (that whole illusion that it's less than $300). With the Mk. XLIII being die-cast, with a dio base and an alternate HS (two if you got the EX) for $344.99, this one seems a bit lacking. But it's the big bad of the film, and a unique design, so I'm sure it'll be a character people want more after they see the movie (if they're not fans of the character already.) That said, while I wouldn't be surprised if they did release a Ver. 2 of Ultron, it also wouldn't shock me if this was the only one.

But again, pricing aside, this is a beautifully crafted figure, and I think his presence due to the size, unique sculpt and lighting effects will really make him stand out next to the Avengers.

I log off for one day and this gets announced! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

NdBCXin.gif

THE NEED IS STRONG

Pass gonna wait for Ultron Zero with the infinity gauntlet. Marvel Villains are really UP...look at Joker.

Back