1/6 Hot Toys - MMS284 - Avengers: AoU - Ultron Prime Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone think his head looks kinda small?

I thought that too initially but then I noticed a few things:

1) Some of Hot Toys' poses suck and doesn't seem to do the figure any favors

2) Some of the perspective looks REALLY skewed due to a number of photos being taken from the bottom-up

3) The lighting combined with the silver-y and curved design creates an impression that makes his head look smaller than usual

I love waking up to a new reveal, time to go back to checking SSC every few minutes at work :impatient:

I like that he's facial features are moveable. Kind of a neat feature

I was just going to ask if the open mouth was a second sculpt, but this is much better.

Ugly!

Give me Ultron with boobies!!!

comix_523_sexyultron.jpg

Does this have some sort of moving eye PERS system? If not they are seriously lying with those photoshopped images.

I was just going to ask if the open mouth was a second sculpt, but this is much better.

Agreed. I like the moving mouth much better than getting a second sculpt.

Does this have some sort of moving eye PERS system? If not they are seriously lying with those photoshopped images.
I don't think he has PERS. Rather it seems like the LED lighting and concave design of the eye sockets make the eyes look like they're always staring at you.

Seriously just look at all the shots of his face. All of them has his eyes edging towards the viewer.
tumblr_njlrhwQdXc1rbrsiuo10_1280.jpg

If this stays true to the final product then I honestly applaud Hot Toys for the careful way they designed his eyes.
It's creepy but wholly appropriate for Ultron. :yess:

I don't think he has PERS. Rather it seems like the LED lighting and concave design of the eye sockets make the eyes look like they're always staring at you.

I donno, unless these 2 images are of the same side but reversed I think it may have PERS. To have his eyes look at you from both of those angles his eyes would have to move otherwise his eyes would both be facing out.
10974537_10152610017017344_8248431122515000962_o.jpg
10988305_10152610016932344_3590667648429480069_o.jpg

I donno, unless these 2 images are of the same side but reversed I think it may have PERS. To have his eyes look at you from both of those angles his eyes would have to move otherwise his eyes would both be facing out.
PERS or not, it's not very hard to create a concave design with the eye sockets, even plush toys have achieved that same look without costing an arm or leg. While I'm definitely speculating here, it's probably made easier by the fact that Ultron's eyes are designed with the LEDs inside, so the white ring could very well be under a red translucent layer where the light could easily pass through and create an optical illusion. It's just way too odd that Ultron's eyes are always peering towards the viewer when HT could have posed the eyes looking away to the side.

That or Hot Toys somehow isn't advertising their well-renowned PERS features for some unknown reason. :lecture

Re: Hot Toys Ultron Prime 1:6 scale figure - official pictures

Looks good. Those that are upset it's not comic enough...that's not what hot toys has a license for. If you don't like the design that's a complaint for marvel. It's funny how before a figure comes out everyone is gun-ho and says they will order it no matter what..then suddenly when it is officially announced suddenly that changes for large amounts of those people. lol goes to show how much stuff toy makers have to deal with on the consumer side.

For me this is a great looking proto. I've never been a big villains collector. But I PO'd Thanos and will this as well. I'm happy with it.

At least wait for someone here to complain before making this statement :lol

View attachment 165541
View attachment 165542

It's pretty much an illusion, even though the first picture doesn't really look as though they're looking at the viewer. But if you cover one eye at a time on each, they look more as though they're looking straight ahead instead of at you.

At least wait for someone here to complain before making this statement :lol

Like this? And since this is the same as the other ultron thread there are plenty of others. I'm not saying Kevs below post is bad or anything, just pointing out there are posts despite your statement to the contrary.

I'm not 100% sure I like it, the chest area looks off some how to me, like it sticks out too much..., maybe I'm imagining it though. lol

Looks depressingly bad imo, something is not right with it....

hopefully the Ultron sentry B is made and better quality

Seriously just look at all the shots of his face. All of them has his eyes edging towards the viewer.
If this stays true to the final product then I honestly applaud Hot Toys for the careful way they designed his eyes.
It's creepy but wholly appropriate for Ultron. :yess:

It's not an illusion, or concave anything, it's cheating photoshop. The entire eye area is digital manip. They just did whatever they wanted to make the pics cooler.
Including moving his eyes. Lies!! False advertising.

Is it only me think he looks so goofy?

I gotta be honest. Im not liking the look on this figure. I migt just get the drone.

Photo courtesy of Don Tam from OSR Facebookm, taken at Secret Base in HK. Unlike the IM Armors, Ulron IMO looks dead with the lights off. He should come ready with an AC/DC adaptor. The "irises" of his eyes look like molded parts of his face and most likely non-moveable, but that's me guessing.

10978482_1048473731833432_5666091455539633019_n.jpg

10372563_1048473705166768_1524406695470291754_n.jpg

Back