1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah i dont get the issue with the NRD....if you want the figure, why does it matter??...hell i even look at it as a plus, 90$ less dollars i have to worry about, wish we had a choice to pay more than the NRD up front.

I wish we could make a separate "Price Bitching" thread.

The price just got revealed today, so you got to expect the conversation -- negative or positive -- is going to be about that. There is a point where complaining about complainers is just as bad..

why are we on this forum then??....we should be on a travel forum then....

Thank God Iron Man isn't that big a deal to me.

Same here but this is an iconic suit and my favorite and different than his others. Will look great with Hulk, even if it's the original Avengers version.

As far as price it's below the 1000 many were predicting.

I think you guys should think long and hard about what $900+ shipped can go toward. The other (non-collectible) things you can buy. The trips you can take. Seriously. Think it over. :lol

I was just thinking the same

How many of us could say this is the most expensive item, aside from a car or home that we own?

I want some of this stuff, but I'd rather that money go to something else like you said Khev

The price just got revealed today, so you got to expect the conversation -- negative or positive -- is going to be about that. There is a point where complaining about complainers is just as bad..

No doubt, i'm just sick of the usual formula here, it takes almost 2 weeks for it to die down before we can actually have constructive conversation about it... I just don't see the point of people coming to a thread to complain about something they had no plans to get.

Last edited:
and PO! i dont care to rationalize the price or the space ill have to make for it, this is a work of 1/6th art, Hulk will probably tear it to pieces, still dont really care, set up my flex to start in Dec @ 129$ a month....thats not too bad....my question tho....no EX?....what happened to the mk43 bust inside?

If the bust was an EX this would be an instant sell out. But all things being equal I'll just wait for a bit.

I think folks have a legitimate complaint about the price if the markup holds (I.e. Approximately $150 over HK retail which means at least another $150 over wholesale). So that's maybe a $300 profit margin, per. Yes it's big, but I doubt it's larger than most of the 1:4 they get from China so shipping is not a major factor. It really seems to be one of those decisions of super hot character so what will the market bare. I'll get it sure, I could actually order with existing RPs, but I'm content with cutting into what looks to be a pretty bloated markup.

Last edited:
Personally the price is a little scary but it's all relative to what you want to spend your money on I'm getting it and still going to disneyworld this year with my wife which will be the second time in less than a year so it's all about where you want to allocate your spending I think it's unfair to tell someone how much they spend on something they love is too much. I sell puppies for a living that go anywhere from 2000-6000 and people glady pay it because the worth is there to them so it's all personal what your money gets you

That's not only a hefty price, but a very hefty NRD. No way.

82381-AW-HELL-NO-meme-Wonder-Woman-zaGp.jpeg

I came in here because only Marvel stuff is being released right now and there's nothing else to talk about. :lol

I'm not complaining about the price, heck I'm even glad its as expensive as it is so as to flat out kill any temptation I would have had after seeing the film....next month. Wow, next month.

Personally the price is a little scary but it's all relative to what you want to spend your money on I'm getting it and still going to disneyworld this year with my wife which will be the second time in less than a year so it's all about where you want to allocate your spending I think it's unfair to tell someone how much they spend on something they love is too much. I sell puppies for a living that go anywhere from 2000-6000 and people glady pay it because the worth is there to them so it's all personal what your money gets you

A very good point, I don't think there is anything wrong either the price in relation. I personally would rather spend that money on something else, like a vegas bender lol

$824.99???

aSdV6yz.gif

About $175 mark-up from SS--I wasn't expecting them to go that high. I'll probably get this at some point but there's no hurry. Thanks to the price, no EX, and the NRD, this thing will be around for a loooong time. At least I'll have time to build up some more RP and/or figure out if this is a must-have for my collection.

I'm thinking about it too, like others have said, it's all relative. Some people may want Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye, Hulk, etc from Avengers 2, but I'm keeping my collection just Iron Man so this would suit me well.

I'm thinking about it too, like others have said, it's all relative. Some people may want Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye, Hulk, etc from Avengers 2, but I'm keeping my collection just Iron Man so this would suit me well.

Cheeky little pun

Back