1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this real? Didn't see it here. I was wondering if there was a tony sculpt.
This might be worth 900 if it has a functional Iron Man inside - but I doubt it.

133724sugikyys7lkb1cum.jpg

Yeah if the top snapped open and you could pull a suit out - I could see 900 easy.
Not that this isn't impressive as hell, but yeah Idk.

Having spoken to a couple folks who were lucky enough to see early cuts of the movie, the latest of which had the HB scene fully rendered, I highly doubt anyone will have regrets about this figure... wallet may feel differently though :lol

Yeah if the top snapped open and you could pull a suit out - I could see 900 easy.
Not that this isn't impressive as hell, but yeah Idk.

A figure inside a figure is the last thing I want, that sounds like a nightmare, I'll take the bust tho

Same here but there's no reason to PO it now. I'm waiting to see what other companies offer for HB.

King Arts has a Diecast 16" Hulkbuster coming soon which looks good so far. I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of options for Hulkbuster. NECA will probably do one as well. Obviously not the same as HT's but a lot of options to those just wanting a nice looking HB on display.

10384445_970550722977593_4751270406705808459_n.jpg

10003083_802502319834005_4174251909067027372_n.jpg

But Quality wise, it does not get better than HT I believe. I've never actually brought any HT figures.. so this year I'm gonna make a first splash. Whether it's Ultron Sentry, Ultron MK1, Iron Man MK45 or The Hulkbuster.. I will get one of those. lol.

For the people with $400+ in reward points this wouldn't be a bad deal at all.

$450 would probably be my limit on a figure. I don't have a huge abundance of money so flex pay is my friend. Most points I had was about $52 which I blew on Stealth Cap...that I'm now selling. Won't be making that mistake again.

Glad to see them doing this. Too expensive a piece to expect them to act as an insurance policy for a horde of fickle collectors. Hope a few derps that somehow missed the huge warning note advising of the NRD on the product page do get a "surprise" on Monday. :lol

Lol derps

Like I said the collectible producers should adopt this policy on all thier sales, I dont think they have anything to lose

Same here but there's no reason to PO it now. I'm waiting to see what other companies offer for HB.

10384445_970550722977593_4751270406705808459_n.jpg

Thanks for the King Arts pic. Glad to see it's in the works. In case I don't go for HT Buster, it's nice to know there will potentially be a quality fallback.

It would not be in scale with my Hot Toys armors but I can live with that.

Having spoken to a couple folks who were lucky enough to see early cuts of the movie, the latest of which had the HB scene fully rendered, I highly doubt anyone will have regrets about this figure... wallet may feel differently though :lol

Ya I tend to think when all is said and done this will be the Grail of many collections, looks epic

I liked the Kotobukiya HB and hulk but its 1/10 scale I felt that was to small and those 1/9 scale king arts aren't much better for my collection. Having predominately 1/6 scale stuff a 1/9 HB would stand out (or wouldn't) in a bad way and won't have the presence it should.

Putting things in perspective if this is your hobby.

Amount of hours worked to get this figure(post tax).

On Allowance and mow the lawn/babysit from time to time (60/week): 14 weeks
Min Wage Workers (MCD/Walmart/Target/etc): 110hrs (3 weeks)
Technicians/Bell Boys/Waiting Tables/Bankers making 14-18/hr: 65 hours
Teachers/Nurse/entry level workers as accountants, computer scientists/librarians/bartenders: 43 hours
Engineers/professors/PAs/whoever making 60-80k/year: 30 hours
Pharmacists/Optometrists/high level workers (in engineering/programer/manager)/lawyers in their fields making 100-150k: 20 hours
Physicians/Dentists: 12 hours

Is this figure worth it to you? ;)

It's not going to sell out any time soon...expected shipping is Jun 2016. Will be on sale by for black friday 2016

It's not going to sell out any time soon...expected shipping is Jun 2016. Will be on sale by for black friday 2016

If it does go on sale I'm not sure double rewards and $50/$100 off is going to suddenly change to many peoples minds if they still had to pay $750 plus shipping within 48 hours or two flex payments of $400 right before Christmas :lol

Yeah I just spoke with SS today and she said that HB is selling "way below expectations". I asked if she thought it was because of the high price and she replied that most of the staff believes that is indeed the case.

Expect to see this figure either available for months after release or SS limiting their orders to preorders only. IMO, I believe that if you do need to have this (like myself) you should preorder it Asap.

Back