1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won't say it's impossible but I think very, very unlikely. The big, expensive figures don't seem to ever appreciate markedly (look at Monger and Igor... Monger's STILL at retail on e.Bay) and SSC is in a way over-saturating the market by facilitating sales to people that couldn't afford full retail in one go, via Flexpay. Once you factor in shipping, taxes, etc., one already has to add a little premium just to break even on the sale (and in my experience, the aftermarket sucks except for a few select figures... I've broken even on maybe a couple sales, rest I have taken a small loss just to move it). Then you look at international buyers. No way in Canada could I buy the HB at a 20% US/CAD premium and make it all back, even years after it sells out. There's a pretty small market for these figures in general and an even smaller one for really top tier releases.

The profit period for Iron Men is gone unless it's an exclusive. Every iron man figure since Mark VII (other than exclusives - python, hot rod, etc) has had a HUGE release and sat at retail to the point of needing big discounts to sell and even then don't sell out. I'm sure the value will go back up a bit over time (ie: 3-5+ years) but Hot Toys saw the aftermarket before and coupled with increasing production and licensing costs have about maxed out the value of these things to consumers at the retail price. In many cases they have over estimated the value at retail to consumers.

If you want to buy things for flipping, there is plenty out there but unless you are playing the looooooooong game, hot toys isn't where you want to park your money.

I pulled the trigger guys :yess:

Welcome aboard, you won't regret it. Gonna be an awesome piece to display.

I have a feeling that this under appreciated figure is going to be a highlight of my purchases. Limited edition, Die cast, and not available from US vendors.......yup gonna be an awesome and very rare figure. That's why I ordered 2.

The Hot Toys Hulkbuster is not die cast or maybe you are talking about the one from that other company.

I'm glad it's not! The price would be even higher if they made this die cast. And 400 dollars for this figure is unrealistic. Look at the detail, amount of movable parts, LED lights and articulation.

How much extra do you guys think it would have been if it was diecast? $200-300? Right now, the price on the HT is already a bit high, so adding $200-$300 on top of that might not make that much difference to me. I simply want a diecast Hulkbuster 1/6 or under right now :gah: But it has to have a removable helmet to show the Mkwhatever helmet underneath.

How much extra do you guys think it would have been if it was diecast? $200-300? Right now, the price on the HT is already a bit high, so adding $200-$300 on top of that might not make that much difference to me. I simply want a diecast Hulkbuster 1/6 or under right now :gah: But it has to have a removable helmet to show the Mkwhatever helmet underneath.

It might have been that much more yeah, possibly as high as $1299.99

I think I would pay that at this point. I'm scrambling around the web trying to find a Hulkbuster that ticks the boxes I want it to.

A fully (okay, it's HT, so maybe not fully) diecast 1/6 Hulkbuster for $1300 is an acceptable price for me. I purchased a $900 1/6 human figure not so long ago, which might have warped my whole sense of pricing a bit :lol

Lol.....they are going to come out with a 2.0 version in Die Cast just so they can :moon peeps who supported them from the beginning.

Lol.....they are going to come out with a 2.0 version in Die Cast just so they can :moon peeps who supported them from the beginning.

I don't think they will do a DC version of this. It defeats the point of a 2.0. Outside of an update of an old outdated figure (mk3 for example) you normally don't do it with large amounts of new tooling (molds). And diecast parts can not be made with plastic molds. So they would have to spend lots of money one new tooling. Plus, the weight would be an issue. If it was done with say the amount of DC as whiplash mk2 it would be 5 times as heavy. Easily. That's gonna make shipping costs more. All for something you won't notice unless you pick it up. If they where doing diecast they would have done it on this one I believe

A fully (okay, it's HT, so maybe not fully) diecast 1/6 Hulkbuster for $1300 is an acceptable price for me. I purchased a $900 1/6 human figure not so long ago, which might have warped my whole sense of pricing a bit :lol

382.gif

And let this be a lesson to the rest of the kiddies to never venture into the customs section of the Freaks board. :lecture

;)

:lol@you guys.

Yeah, custom figures can be crazy. It's pretty rare for me to buy a full set from there (I only see 3 in my cabinet right now). But when I think of the money spent on those, then think of an imaginary $1300 diecast Hulkbuster, Hulkbuster feels ridiculously worth it in comparison.

Anyway. Sorry for the "diecast" tangent. I'm going to hold off ordering this (nothing 1/6 scale or under straight out beats it yet I think), in case something pops up. Don't want to lose NRD over changing my mind.

Back