1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just my iphone :lol

Hey I'm not judging, my classmate made a full blown music video for a video project in college and used add-on lenses for different looks. He got the highest grade :lol

iPhones are the cheapest way to get started with videos. I actually did the research :lol

I mean the camera I use for my pics now I originally bought for videos, which got derailed into photography:lol

So after seeing BudgetStark's video of the King Arts' Hulkbuster version, THIS is what I want from Hot toys' version. At 850/piece, being able to put in a mark 43 inside hulkbuster would have been a good deal. Although I think the 43 legs would have to be detached, to be able to get these two armors actually interact would have been the best deal ever. If I wasn't trapped by having all 1/6 of Ironman and cash I would have switched to this new scale.

Dang it, Hot Toys, it's time to stop sitting on your reputation and charging high prices and start pushing boundaries again.

So after seeing BudgetStark's video of the King Arts' Hulkbuster version, THIS is what I want from Hot toys' version. At 850/piece, being able to put in a mark 43 inside hulkbuster would have been a good deal. Although I think the 43 legs would have to be detached, to be able to get these two armors actually interact would have been the best deal ever. If I wasn't trapped by having all 1/6 of Ironman and cash I would have switched to this new scale.

Dang it, Hot Toys, it's time to stop sitting on your reputation and charging high prices and start pushing boundaries again.

They have pushed boundaries... on the price... ! ! !

However, credit where credit is due... HT have made some pretty cool things.. like The BAT.

Couldn't disagree more. I find the idea of fitting one figure into another absolutely useless. Think about it. Why would you spend money JUST to display the figure inside another one? It's a party trick, a cool little gimmick by KA. Nothing more. Nothing less.

With King Arts, you have to buy the $200 Iron Man and the $650 HulkBuster to achieve the same effect as the $825 HT HulkBuster with the MK 43 bust inside. I think as cool as a concept as this is from KA, it holds no value to me at all. None. I would maybe put the MK 43 in the HulkBuster once just to try it out. Once. Then he would remain shut til the rest of his days.

I don't know. Maybe I'm the minority, but I prefer the bust as opposed to the full figure. Leaves more to the imagination, keeps the cost lower and achieves the same effect. The idea of buying a high end collectible just to store it away inside another figure seems so silly to me and a waste of money.

End rant.

Couldn't disagree more. I find the idea of fitting one figure into another absolutely useless. Think about it. Why would you spend money JUST to display the figure inside another one? It's a party trick, a cool little gimmick by KA. Nothing more. Nothing less.

With King Arts, you have to buy the $200 Iron Man and the $650 HulkBuster to achieve the same effect as the $825 HT HulkBuster with the MK 43 bust inside. I think as cool as a concept as this is from KA, it holds no value to me at all. None. I would maybe put the MK 43 in the HulkBuster once just to try it out. Once. Then he would remain shut til the rest of his days.

I don't know. Maybe I'm the minority, but I prefer the bust as opposed to the full figure. Leaves more to the imagination, keeps the cost lower and achieves the same effect. The idea of buying a high end collectible just to store it away inside another figure seems so silly to me and a waste of money.

End rant.

:goodpost: Agreed. No desire to drop $350-$400 on a Mk 43 only to toss it neck deep in a Hulkbuster, but I get why some may feel differently.

Hulkbuster helmet in it's own right looks completely bad ass imo, which is why it would always remain closed to view on my display just like Iron Monger.

End rant.

you are not alone. well for me my HT is definitely for display/poses .

Back