1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeez your old, no offense bud :lol
94c62601b006eb13add73bca47b76dfa.jpg

Couldn't disagree more. I find the idea of fitting one figure into another absolutely useless. Think about it. Why would you spend money JUST to display the figure inside another one? It's a party trick, a cool little gimmick by KA. Nothing more. Nothing less.

With King Arts, you have to buy the $200 Iron Man and the $650 HulkBuster to achieve the same effect as the $825 HT HulkBuster with the MK 43 bust inside. I think as cool as a concept as this is from KA, it holds no value to me at all. None. I would maybe put the MK 43 in the HulkBuster once just to try it out. Once. Then he would remain shut til the rest of his days.

I don't know. Maybe I'm the minority, but I prefer the bust as opposed to the full figure. Leaves more to the imagination, keeps the cost lower and achieves the same effect. The idea of buying a high end collectible just to store it away inside another figure seems so silly to me and a waste of money.

End rant.

I'm with you and agree with all you said. I'm buying this piece to have a HB on display and doubt the MK 43 bust will ever see the light of day...that's why I'm also dropping the cash for the MK 43 figure!

Couldn't disagree more. I find the idea of fitting one figure into another absolutely useless. Think about it. Why would you spend money JUST to display the figure inside another one? It's a party trick, a cool little gimmick by KA. Nothing more. Nothing less.

With King Arts, you have to buy the $200 Iron Man and the $650 HulkBuster to achieve the same effect as the $825 HT HulkBuster with the MK 43 bust inside. I think as cool as a concept as this is from KA, it holds no value to me at all. None. I would maybe put the MK 43 in the HulkBuster once just to try it out. Once. Then he would remain shut til the rest of his days.

I don't know. Maybe I'm the minority, but I prefer the bust as opposed to the full figure. Leaves more to the imagination, keeps the cost lower and achieves the same effect. The idea of buying a high end collectible just to store it away inside another figure seems so silly to me and a waste of money.

End rant.

I'm not ashamed to admit it, i like to play with my toys. Carefully, lol. Yeah, I agree with you that it would be ridiculous to buy a 320 figure only to hide it in another figure but seriously who was thinking about that? I would have been happier if we could remove the bust then I would love to display this with an open cockpit with a stark figure tinkering with it.

Also, one of the things that really impressed me with Hot Toys was the engineering they achieved in these figures.

I wasn't impressed with the die cast qualities of Iron Patriot, it was just weight to me. But the flaps they added on waist to further improve leg movement or the drop down hip movement, was impressive. People were impressed with the coming die cast mk 3 but I look at my old one and I am more impressed with it because it had the wrist that had the pop-up missile or the shield. The shoulder missiles that pop up or the hip flares, very cool. The new one has the pull off and replace parts gimmick, not as impressive.

Finally, it seems to me that Hot Toys has changed direction in quality products. Before it seemed their mentality was, "Let's make something cool and let's see what we can do pack it with as much cool stuff as we are able to do."

By this mentality i think of: Mk 2 unleashed, Mk 3, 4, 5, 6 and gantry, 7, dx joker, batman 89 and joker 89..

Now, it's like, " let's give them the bare minimum and then produce a variant or Die cast!!!"

By this I think of: Thor light armor and full armor version, Hulk, starboost, peacemaker, heartbreaker, new mk 3( btw does the new version have the movable hip flaps or is HT still going rubber?)...

Anyway, back to my main point. Who would not want to be able pose Hulkbuster with an open and empty cockpit? How much difficult would it have been to be able to remove the bust and have an interior cockpit? But at least, were getting that second arm..

I'd rather non-diecast figures and a more reasonable price; your right, the metal parts just add weight. The Heartbreaker and SC are non-diecast and I'm happy with those. BTW, is the "second arm" confirmed or are we still guessing about the undisclosed extras?

I'd rather non-diecast figures and a more reasonable price; your right, the metal parts just add weight. The Heartbreaker and SC are non-diecast and I'm happy with those. BTW, is the "second arm" confirmed or are we still guessing about the undisclosed extras?

so far its just a speculation and nothing is set in stone yet.

Itching to order this. I have some rewards coming in next week so I might wait until then. My original plan was to wait until September but I've become so paranoid since bbts sold out.

Made me even more paranoid when a Sideshow rep advised me to order now (which she would obviously say) when I asked if they would announce when it would soon to go waitlist.

Losing my mind ha

Itching to order this. I have some rewards coming in next week so I might wait until then. My original plan was to wait until September but I've become so paranoid since bbts sold out.

Made me even more paranoid when a Sideshow rep advised me to order now (which she would obviously say) when I asked if they would announce when it would soon to go waitlist.

Losing my mind ha

What the hell?! She said that? Damn! I'm ordering this, whenever I get the new coupon of the month.

$20 off is cool ...but I think I'll have nearly $150 in rp once I get my Banner points next week. ..not as good as I planned but I can't wait much longer ha

Back