1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark 1: “How far I have come....”

f5d2bdecd92ff7647f2b32a7abe88f44.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark I and VII are my favorite armors made to this point. If hot toys made a Mark I styled hulkbuster, I don't think I could resist.

Yeah those are definitely two awesome incarnations of the armor. I would still love to see a diecast mark 1 2.0. Hehe.

Here’s the articulation demo as promised. Have to make a correction now though, the knees do articulate, however you are definitely going to have to lay this puppy down on either your bed, or on the carpet, when you do it. It’s just too big to do standing up. Lol. Even the instructions don’t clearly specify that the knees articulate, but rest assured they do.

Are you able to move the legs side to side at all or is it really just fixed in placed?

Are you able to move the legs side to side at all or is it really just fixed in placed?

No just front and back. That’s why people were upset with the changes by including the full mark 43 because they got rid of that ability.

^^ Yea, I do believe it has been confirmed. The legs aren't on ball joints at the hip, and can only move
foreword and rearward.

Has this been confirmed? Or are people just not trying it?
I found this on instagram. Stance looks pretty wide to me. Should be the HT Hulkbuster based on his other pics. https://www.instagram.com/linviolon/
View attachment 369707

Holy cow!!!! That stance does look a little wider!! Well I’m pretty sure budget stark even said that Outter leg movement was gone due to the full mark 43 conversion so I guess it much be lighting or having the feet lay flatter to give A wider stance. That a really nice pic love the way the 43 is jumping out.

Unfortunately not. No lateral movement. Just front and back 30 degrees from the hip, and some limited knee articulation.

Unfortunately not. No lateral movement. Just front and back 30 degrees from the hip, and some limited knee articulation.

Welp that's disappointing. Didn't think they would actually axe such an important articulation just so that people can shove another figure in there. Would have rather gotten a ball joint on those legs.

Looks like optibotimus unboxed his hulkbuster already.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Welp that's disappointing. Didn't think they would actually axe such an important articulation just so that people can shove another figure in there. Would have rather gotten a ball joint on those legs.

Agreed...I guess it's a not-so-action figure; what a lackluster feature to put above articulation.

Agreed...I guess it's a not-so-action figure; what a lackluster feature to put above articulation.

I feel like people would be complaining regardless if they went with articulated ball-joint legs or the integrated Mk.43 cavity.

The smart move on HT's part would have been to actually poll the consumers first and/or just make 2 versions: one with the integrated Mk. 43 (charge more) and another with the bust only (charge less).

The added ball-joint articulation would have made the price even higher. Its not cheap to engineer a metal ball and socket, and having to make sure that it can stay in place with the many types of poses. That a lot of upper-torso weight to carry and making sure it keeps its center of gravity with some poses.

Its always easier to complain rather than give a definite proof of concept of how to actually implement what people are complaining about.

Just told the wife about buying this... got the green light!!! She said I was nuts when I showed how big but oh well!! Come to butthead!!

Back