1/6 Hot Toys - MMS752AE The Joker (Batman Imposter Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now you can get some top custom stuff that is really affordable. When you want to get started feel free to dm me if you want some help.

Thanks bro! Ive been keeping my eye on the custom thread. I mostly regret passing on that Wonderworld set back when it went up, so affordable and so good. If I had that Id definitely have gotten that new John Wu sculpt. a sub $1k Joker custom wouldve be ideal

Found on IG. Amazing. I can’t wait.

EDIT: Sorry, just remembered this was posted earlier. Still awesome though. 😁

Attachments

• IMG_2655.jpeg
    IMG_2655.jpeg
    393.5 KB · Views: 0
That’s probably the best pic I’ve seen of the new HT DXAE so far. The eyes are positioned nice. It… looks nice overall, albeit having its own faults. But why do I feel like the paint apps convey that he just has white skin vs applied make up?

Attached a pic of it vs my own copy. My biggest issue with mine is the caked on hair and lack of green/dark brown roots on mine.

903ABE44-1167-40FA-9587-0928A51DEBA4.jpeg

That’s probably the best pic I’ve seen of the new HT DXAE so far. The eyes are positioned nice. It… looks nice overall, albeit having its own faults. But why do I feel like the paint apps convey that he just has white skin vs applied make up?

That appears to be something HT just can’t get right on their TDK Joker sculpts. Even the previous ones also had that same look of “white skin” instead of “white makeup” look unfortunately

Last edited:
That appears to be something HT just can’t get right on their TDK Joker sculpts. Even the previous ones also had that same look oh “white skin” instead of “white makeup” look unfortunately
It's something that happens a lot with custom heads too I think.

Yeah, they did some changes on the nose, eyes, and jaw line.
Wish they’d work on the suit to that degree.

I’ll take the bottom paint apps over the completely smeared white makeup on the prototype anyday. Don’t even mention the night and day hair work. Makes me wonder how many improvements they’ll make on their Artisan Phoenix up until it releases. They’re doing the work, just not telling us about it.

Last edited:
Rolling eyes are always preferred, but I feel like the original sculpt without them is better. Something about the sculpted and painted eyes looks better on the original sculpt. Something gets lost likeness wise in comparison
While I agree that I love the depth proper hand painted eyes bring, I’ll save that for my customs. I need the eyes to roll here, and these SERS are first rate in the business. We’ll see what JND brings with their magnetic eyes, I’ve ordered them all. HT has refined this tech so well, to see everything get them is off this planet, I mean Grievous has them..

I really do like the OG sculpt HT used, but they made it far better and really brought Heath out in it, it was very raw before. Teeth more defined, better overall shape to the bottom lip etc.

Back