1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wor-Gar

93ffeebb-062c-4a35-b232-517e2b2661b8_text.gif

Justin's wasn't proper exposure though... In fact, the light washes a lot of detail out so I'm not sure what you mean by saying "what you see is what you get" with Justin's.

I doubt I'm getting a figure with all details washed out.
exactly.

And just to be clear to anyone, I'm not trying to come off as bashing Justin. I just know what to expect from his videos at this point. I get a good view of the figure, usually a good view at the accessories though sometimes he's pretty quick with them; but, I also know that it will look different in hand (and usually better in my experience) than what his videos show. He provides a service, and one that many of us use, but I don't see his reviews as the gold standard. More of a first look.

The main thing that irks me is that when he makes a mistake, he never makes a video coming out saying he did. He makes a comment somewhere in the sea of comments and that's it. I follow other actual toy reviewers (meaning smaller scale actian figures) who review way more stuff than he does and in greater depth but will still come out with a quick video saying "Hey so I didn't mention this" or "Someone corrected me in the comments about this so I just wanted to follow up with the correct information and this video will be pinned with the previous review" something along those lines. Justin doesn't do that. I've suggested it to him before in the past and he would either get upset with me for correcting him or delete my comments :dunno

I truly have nothing against him, though.

Justin loved your post and added it to his feed, with just a few omissions

And just to be clear to anyone, I get a good view of the figure, usually a good view at the accessories; He provides a service, and one that many of us use.

I truly have nothing [but love for] him, though.

This reminds me of statue collecting! Every time those first pictures come out everyone loses their minds, I remember the reaction to the 1/3rd Prime 1 TDK Joker, even some of JND's outputs. First pictures made the statues look like a knockoff. First pictures are always worse than it will be in hand. Hot Toys have gotten so bad at showing their own figures off in photography that it has become true for them too. I think there will be heaps of worries once that first batch comes out...and those will slowly be quelled as others who understand lighting and photography better get them in hand. I understand why they went with Justin, but there were others who I felt could have more effectively shown them off. I did hear that Batman Statue Collector might be getting a production sample as well, so it might be nice to have a second video review to compare.

Also, I feel it's kind of obvious that customs will look better. I'm sure Viper and JC Hong would produce that level of detail if they were given 5k per head. InArt isn't charging that kind of money here. This is the middle ground between Hot Toys and customs. The sculpted single is basically the same price as a Hot Toy. The two pack- only a relatively small increase from a two pack from Hot Toys considering the diorama.

Either way, get your popcorn out because no matter what...it's going to be an interesting next few months.

This reminds me of statue collecting! Every time those first pictures come out everyone loses their minds, I remember the reaction to the 1/3rd Prime 1 TDK Joker, even some of JND's outputs. First pictures made the statues look like a knockoff. First pictures are always worse than it will be in hand. Hot Toys have gotten so bad at showing their own figures off in photography that it has become true for them too. I think there will be heaps of worries once that first batch comes out...and those will slowly be quelled as others who understand lighting and photography better get them in hand. I understand why they went with Justin, but there were others who I felt could have more effectively shown them off. I did hear that Batman Statue Collector might be getting a production sample as well, so it might be nice to have a second video review to compare.

Also, I feel it's kind of obvious that customs will look better. I'm sure Viper and JC Hong would produce that level of detail if they were given 5k per head. InArt isn't charging that kind of money here. This is the middle ground between Hot Toys and customs. The sculpted single is basically the same price as a Hot Toy. The two pack- only a relatively small increase from a two pack from Hot Toys considering the diorama.

Either way, get your popcorn out because no matter what...it's going to be an interesting next few months.
Tbf that blitzway joker was big downgrade fr

Personally i see the flaws in Justins vid, but i actually really like how they look in both of his videos. I saw no issues with it when i first saw the videos. I understand peoples concerns and all that, but i'm very excited for my joker, skipped on the after market prices for the DX11 and waited a while until i could finally could pre order the figure, so I'm still as hyped as i was last week. Really hope they start sending them out in the next month. Although i might buy the backdrop, table and chair from the DX11 to do to the same set up with the Inart and DX19

Tbf that blitzway joker was big downgrade fr
I do agree personally but it wasn't as massive a downgrade as those initial pictures showed, and I saw a pretty even split of some who got it in hand were impressed. Maybe a bad example though.

JND is the one I really wanted to push because I would say many see them as the premium of premium statues. They also have the rooted hair which I think really does require a great deal of skill and care to look fantastic, aside from just the photography limits that many owners have. Only a select few can truly give a look akin to owning a piece like that in its best possible form.

Last edited:
I do agree personally but it wasn't as massive a downgrade as those initial pictures showed, and I saw a pretty even split of some who got it in hand were impressed. Maybe a bad example though.

JND is the one I really wanted to push because I would say many see them as the premium of premium statues. They also have the rooted hair which I think really does require a great deal of skill and care to look fantastic, aside from just the photography limits that many owners have. Only a select few can truly give a look akin to owning a piece like that in its best possible form.
Im not too impressed with JND. I admire there ambition but the work they do is not the best of the best.. I cant be the only one.

Back