1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the harsh, overblown lighting isnt doing Justin's photo/review any favors. The InArt definitely used much more professional lighting setup compared to Justin's. No amount of editing can fix that. Photography is all about getting the right exposure.
Exposure
Lighting
Framing
Coloring
Composition
The choice of the lens

It will make all the difference in the world

I only put 1 fruitcake on ignore from the snowspeeder luke thread who started calling me names because I had a criticism about that figure
Isn’t that crazy? Criticism is good when it’s valid, and breeds progress. We want details not be skipped so we don’t have to do the whole inart Joker 2.0 deluxe extra artist version in a couple years.

Just wait until the first in hand photos--harsh lighting, poor lighting, poorly futzed ...watch the collecting world and this forum burn lol
some-just-want.gif

I have to say I like Justin's reviews because of the consistency of bright lighting and unfutzed approach. I feel I get a fairly good idea what to expect when I receive a figure in hand. Perhaps its because I've been watching his videos for years and he's kept his reviews totally consistent -- to the point of dialogue which he gets teased about alot.

That all said, I didn't think the Joker looked so bad in his reviews. I do not see the "totally different figure" or bait-and-switch that was mentioned.

I'm still hoping this is my one-and-done Ledger Joker... well, Jokers.
Normally I'm the same, but there does seem to be something off about these latest videos he did. Joker's head seemed way oversized in the rooted hair video, but much more in proportion in the sculpted one. And Pennywise's head was a bit squatter looking than how it appeared at the actual event. So there's definitely something weird going on.

Looks like I'm in a minority but I still think the figures look good in Justin's review. Light years ahead of the DX11 in every aspect.

Pointless comparing it to these customs posted all over the thread. If I had 5k to spend I'd buy a couple of third scale statues not a tiny Joker head.

What will be fun is seeing the custom Joker in people's hands... IF they even take pictures of it. That's the one thing I hate about customs threads -- hardly anyone shares pictures of their figures in hand. Most photos are of the painter's or tailor's in progress work. Or MarfMaster or Shortround and a few people take pictures and post but the lion's share of collectors never post pictures.

Looks like I'm in a minority but I still think the figures look good in Justin's review. Light years ahead of the DX11 in every aspect.

Pointless comparing it to these customs posted all over the thread. If I had 5k to spend I'd buy a couple of third scale statues not a tiny Joker head.
Yeah, the InArt sculpt, paint, hair etc blows the DX11 out the water but don't forget we got a vegetable peeler with the DX11. I see no vegetable peeler with the InArt fig.

What will be fun is seeing the custom Joker in people's hands... IF they even take pictures of it. That's the one thing I hate about customs threads -- hardly anyone shares pictures of their figures in hand. Most photos are of the painter's or tailor's in progress work. Or MarfMaster or Shortround and a few people take pictures and post but the lion's share of collectors never post pictures.
First it was let’s not show customs now you want to see customs. If you’re interested when the time comes I’ll pm you photos of a completed custom figure. People post their completed customs on ig you just have to know where to look.

First it was let’s not show customs now you want to see customs. If you’re interested when the time comes I’ll pm you photos of a completed custom figure. People post their completed customs on ig you just have to know where to look.
In the appropriate section of course. Sheesh.

Back