1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn man really sounds like you have the inside line on this! 👍🏻
I'm only sharing what i've heard here and there.
It's big rumors in the chinese community right now and from my understanding they are quite positive that it will happen.

Of course there's always a chance that it will not as it's allegedly in research stage right now according to what i've learned.
That's why I don't say it will happen 100%. Until there's an official announcement I won't believe it a 100% and I suggest everyone here to do the same.

Take it with a grain of salt but take it seriously. Like I said, I think we're at 95% chances that it will happen.

I think Nurse Joker is something Nolan said no to and I don't believe that will ever change. I really hope it does even if I have a custom one that looks great to me.
There's always room for improvements and having Inart or Hot Toys do it would be a great way to upgrade mine.
Unfortunatly it's unlikely to happen.

I'm only sharing what i've heard here and there.
It's big rumors in the chinese community right now and from my understanding they are quite positive that it will happen.

Of course there's always a chance that it will not as it's allegedly in research stage right now according to what i've learned.
That's why I don't say it will happen 100%. Until there's an official announcement I won't believe it a 100% and I suggest everyone here to do the same.

Take it with a grain of salt but take it seriously. Like I said, I think we're at 95% chances that it will happen.

I think Nurse Joker is something Nolan said no to and I don't believe that will ever change. I really hope it does even if I have a custom one that looks great to me.
There's always room for improvements and having Inart or Hot Toys do it would be a great way to upgrade mine.
Unfortunatly it's unlikely to happen.
Jon from inart mentioned that Ledger’s estate( or family) say that look is off limits for some reason.

I don't want to spoil the party but Nurse Joker is unlikely to happen.

I'm like all of you guys, I absolutely love that look.
Yeah, I know. I heard it was because of licensing and due to Joker’s intentions in that specific scene. Something like that. It would be so cool to see a licensed nurse Joker.

Especially by JND.

Last edited:
This is a Q&A that was published on Hot Toys Japan about 10 years ago.
https://www.hottoys.jp/magazine/ask/635.html

“Q : Various versions of the Joker from The Dark Knight have been released, including a police officer and a bank robber, but will there not be a Joker in a nurse costume?

A : Joker's nurse appearance is the version that Hot Toys wanted to achieve. It was difficult to get approval from the copyright holder for this project, but after many negotiations, they finally gave the OK and we decided to ask director Christopher Nolan to confirm it.

I had the honor of being contacted directly by Director Nolan. However, director Nolan had a strong will that the Joker's nurse appearance was not suitable for commercialization due to the unfortunate incident with Heath Ledger.

Mattel and other manufacturers have not commercialized the official nurse uniform version. We decided to respect director Nolan's sentiments.”
This post above explains why there's no Nurse Joker yet for those who missed it.

Right, that was the reason, read that awhile back but didn’t remember what the exact reason was. (y)

A director doesn’t stand above WB (from my understanding) so in theory it could be possible? WB got rid of that $1k price minimum set by the director for Joker.

That’s kind of silly, I guess.

I assume it’s due to blowing up a hospital, but even that is kind of glossed over in the movie. Doubt it’s for the drag thing.

Just seems cognitively dissonant that the man threatens, kidnaps, stalks, and murders people in general, but the one kooky drag look is the forbidden one.

But who knows. I’m probably missing something.

Nolan is dumb.

Christian Bale What GIF

A 2.0 at this stage seems silly and goes back on their initial promises.

Why not an accessory pack with a couple of heads and some of the missing weapons from the first release?

As soon as they show a 2.0, Hot Toys will reveal an Artisan 2.0 and the one-upmanship goes on and on.

At least get Bale, Batfleck, WW and Reeve out before going back to Ledger.

As long as there's money to be made, they're going to make sure to milk TDK. I think fomo is the real issue - better just to buy something and be content with what you have. Plus, no matter how many improvements are made in a 2.0 release, it'll be far from a perfect rendition of the character.

That’s just it, how can they realistically improve upon the first release this soon.. Yes Aragorns clothing came out great, but they haven’t drastically improved in any areas since their first release yet. Still struggling with rooted hair, the sculpts don’t have a lot of texture yet. Were they not trying when they made it? That’s the impression I get from a 2.0 a year out from the first release. How can this 2.0 be so good to throw down another $600-1k when they couldn’t even match the first prototype, who thinks they can match an even better prototype now??

Like, if this is true, why aren’t the fans clamoring for other characters in the TDK Trilogy…? Man, I’d want to see them make TDKR Catwoman, Bane, and Two-Face at least.

Hope this isn’t legit and it doesn’t happen as one of their next releases in the near future. Focus on completing the LOTR Fellowship, make Batman ‘22 Zoë Kravitz Catwoman, Dune Part I Chani as a companion piece for their current Paul, explore The Matrix, “King in the North” Jon Snow, complete the BvS Trinity, make 2016 Harley Quinn (?), etc. Where the hell is TDK Batman??

Them revisiting Ledger Joker so soon after the “1.0” leaves me with a bad taste in the mouth as they said they were planning to make their figures “as definitive as possible.”

I’m on the side of not wanting this for a little while longer.

1-There are PLENTY of other characters they need to go through.
2-we have an existing PO (Joaquin Joker) with different tiered sets that may need some revisions with pricing. I’m sure they’re figuring out their options.
3-they need to secure more IPs to expand their portfolio beyond DC/WB

-A 2.0 THIS soon is redundant.

Personally I ain’t even mad at the prospect because of the potential: bank robber outfit, police disguise, interrogation make up portrait, more varied expressions and even more tiered selections- a 2 pack, 3 pack, ultimate elitist 4 pack…whatever it may be, possibilities are endless. Those alone get me hyped.

But They shouldn’t have this knee jerk reaction because of HT decent Joker, nor should they “panic” at JND’s. It’s almost becoming a **** measuring contest. To quote Alfred Borden from “The Prestige”…”It’s bloody boring!!”

Allow 1.0 owners a little more time to enjoy an already amazing figure, a figure they should be proud of, and focus on bringing that IA magic to other figures. No ones in a rush for ledger 2.0. Those that are in a rush…well they already have the gazillion figures and customs to fill that void. They’re not priority.

And besides, those that just don’t like 1.0 joker, let the other releases be a buffer so by the time InArt sorts out all of their kinks and are a full fledged company, apply ALL of that into a 2.0. That’ll make the 1.0 haters happy.

when the time is right, after another year or two, then show us that 2.0.

Batman/Bruce Wayne, S.Kyle, Commissioner Gordon, Harvey, Ras muthaeffin Al Ghul…THOSE are priority. NOT ledger joker.

Back