1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doing a hat swap on an MJ.

008_1_zpshzfmjuip.jpg

I have just started doing a nazi disguise from raiders using the sideshow bits I just started repainting the head last night still very much a WIP
3f866e3cdaafc1c764adee88e5f46cf6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Wow, that looks pretty stunning. That paint-up pretty much blows away every 1/6 Indy head that's come before.:clap

Wow, that looks pretty stunning. That paint-up pretty much blows away every 1/6 Indy head that's come before.:clap

I agree, this does look absolutely stunning! However, bear in mind that this has now become a $200+ custom head sculpt / paint-up and can in no way be compared to the out-of-the-box standard paint-job. Still not a fan of the original version, but I'd kill to have this headsculpt!!!

Well, surprise surprise, the SSC TOD does actually look rather nice. The shame is that we can't all afford to have ours painted by Jake so not everybody's will ever look that good. However, if we're careful, we can use those pics as a guide and see what happens....

The difference with the custom paintwork is the satisfaction of knowing it's the best it can be, and that it'll show in any photo, any lighting or however close you'll get to it.

Lit from above or below, however, the sculpt looks amazing out of the box. It looks better than photos conveyed, which is common with Sideshow's paint even though this might be their best production work yet.

(Lit from below really works well).

Dam Jake really brought out the sculpt! This is the best Indy likeness so far, easily. Though you could see the sculpt was really good from the teaser photos.

Back