1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is with the HT hat.

indy1_zpszvkcn1cq.png

If you shave some of the head and surrounding hair off, that hat should fit perfect. You should be able to get the back of the hat right down.

Roger, what Indy sculpt do you have? I'm trying to get a reference point on what you think is a good HF sculpt, because it varies a lot person to person.

And the pic above is a somewhat distorted and washed out macro pic (my camera is about eight years old and has to be on ultra-wide angle to get focus in macro mode) - this one from Michael's review is better, and more represents the in-hand head:

I have the original SSC sculpt that Trevor Grove did, I still think it embodies Ford the most. The trick to it is matching the skin to the likeness. He has very specific toning on his cheeks and without it any sculpt just looks like a guy with a rough beard. I haven't painted mine fully yet.

ede5413a905c6618fa34d399219ef36b.jpg

Thought I'd share this. I replaced the TOD body( too dark for me) with Art Figures Boy Black and sent the head to get repainted. I'm using the ROTLA head for now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Took my Raiders Indy off the DX05 body and put him on the new ZC Toys slim emulated muscular body. I think it looks a lot more natural now, particularly the way the jacket hangs.
image.jpg

There are only a small handful of sculpts that have looked really nice, like Marf's version of the MJ and some that Jake has painted. However, it has been solely his paint and not the quality of the sculpt that has won through.

I have to disagree with you there, this is the raw MJ sculpt. 100% Indy imo.

Yeah, but looking back at the WGP heads, they looked stunning as digital sculpts but once printed and painted they just didn't work. The paint does play a major role.

And I do find that a harsh top light makes most sculpts look a bit better (and due to the fedora, it's hard to display Indy like that) - HT Han is a good example.

Yes, the 'raw' one was really good, but then it was badly cast and the likeness went. Even yours doesn't look quite like that does.

I have to agree with Rogerbee on this one. Shame, as the raw sculpt looked incredible. It's still a little over-sized too. It's these two factors that pushed me down the Inigou route.

Question. Anybody try the TOD fedora on the MJ head? It looks like it's a little large and might work with MJ's larger head.

Yes, the 'raw' one was really good, but then it was badly cast and the likeness went. Even yours doesn't look quite like that does.

Agree to disagree! I think if anything it has to do with lighting, like Talibane said.

Yeah, no! With this I will have to disagree. I have that sculpt and it looks spectacular in hand. The only problem with it is that it's too large, while the hat is also quite small.

Back