1/6 S-HERO - SH003 Iron Monarch (What if? Iron Man)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Iron Monarch in from Kit today. Arrived super fast. Seems like they made some improvements from the Doom Monarch, but a few things still the same.

The negatives:

1. The figure is still short. I was hoping they would have at least added the ankle extenders themselves. On the plus side the armor allows for easy movement to easily extend the legs

2. The magnet on the mask seems to still be the same from what I read on Doom. The mask dips down covering the eyes.

3. The paint apps are weak on the sculpt. I didn't really expect this to get better. You can tell it's Tony Stark and it fits in with a comic line.

4. The belt is still a thin piece of pleather. This thing feels like it will crumble within a year or two.

5. The last one isn't much of a negative as some people like it this way. I would have preferred the hood to have a thin wire. It's hard to keep it how you want.

The positives:

1. It seems they learned from the gold medallions coming off so easily. The arc reactor is applied via strong magnet, so it can be adjusted and moved around.

2. The head sculpt is still magnetic, but it is a strong magnet. I read on Doom others saying the head magnet was weak.

3. He came with fist hands. Someone had mentioned the Doom did not have this option.

4. The stitching was nicely done on my figure.

5. They used a soft foam for the packaging. Everything arrived very nice and in tact. Nothing broken or out of place. I was also impressed with the quality of the box.

6. The under suit seems of good quality and doesn't restrict the figure at all.

7. He has ratchet knee joints. I was not expecting that at all. The overall quality of the body is impressive.

8. The fire effects fit in the hands and feet nice and snug

9. The stand seems like a nice quality compared to a Hot Toys one. I'm interested in the wast grabber if it applies less pressure than others.

Here is a quick pick in the box
20240829_202810.jpg

Back