1/6 SSC ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader Modification Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
13zygi8.jpg

The mask next to the sideshow one looks better sculpted , I cant wait to see a repainted version of this mask.

Hey does anyone here feel like the Hot Toys Vader is a bit off ? my friend whos not that nerdy about the costume and helmet belives its the best vader to date .

I agree about the body suit but something just don't look right about everything else.

Iam going to stick with my vader deluxe with vader 2009 body suit .

10805598_831009783587858_5597965072918952496_n.jpg

Wasn't satisfied with the eyebrows of the Kaiyodo Vader. Resculpted them, this is my Boba 2.0 project haha.

2w2n0x1.jpg

23sf33m.jpg

16au0jq.jpg

157hlyu.jpg

Best Vader produced? Yes.

Most accurate Vader produced? Not by a long shot.

You are INSANE but I love what you're doing.

Take a course in casting so we can all share in your insanity.:lol

Wow man, you're doing a great job. On track to creating the best 1/6 vader mask, can't wait to see him done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a bit of info. The Kaiyodo is almostly EXACT in size to a true scanned from original face mask scaled down. Your upper eyebrow fix was promising, but the other alteration to the eye shape is completely wrong. The Kaiyodo does not need a fix in that area at all.

Would it be possible to see more pictures of the Kaiyodo paired with the Sideshow dome? Front and sideviews.

A tip to do trick lenses on the Kaiyodo without cutting them out and replacing them is to paint them black and then coat them with Humbrol clear red or, more accurately clear gold to create the amber look and then coat that with future floor wax.

NeTnrdK.jpg

(I only learned about the future floor wax trick after I painted this, so this is just the other steps and then regular clear coat - future floor wax will make it more convincing)

Last edited:
Just a bit of info. The Kaiyodo is almostly EXACT in size to a true scanned from original face mask scaled down. Your upper eyebrow fix was promising, but the other alteration to the eye shape is completely wrong. The Kaiyodo does not need a fix in that area at all.

Would it be possible to see more pictures of the Kaiyodo paired with the Sideshow dome? Front and sideviews.

You're talking about the Sideshow lenses put in it? I know the shape isn't perfect but I like having it be a seperate piece. It also will obviously looks alot better painted up.

k15an6.jpg

Was hard to get the dome to sit straight and still get a good picture but you get the idea. Also, the tape on one of the eyes was falling off. :lol Might also be why the eyes look weird, they're not put in properly.

No, I'm talking about your reshaping of the outer corners of the lens shape. It's a completely unnecessary fix.

Well, would love more. Is there a way to mount the dome without holding the helmet with your hands when photographing it?

Strange. It almost looks like the Sideshow dome is a good match to the Kaiyodo face mask. Seems all you need to do is rounding the bottom of the dome flange towards the front corner.

Quick example without checking reference:
s1ezobD.jpg

Last edited:
Back