1/6 SSC ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader Modification Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
egamp2.jpg

Chest armor is actually a bit smaller on Kaiyodo :O

The Kaiyodo chest armor should be fine. I believe the SSC is a bit oversize. Even though the shoulder bells on the SSC are the wrong shape, they are shaped in a way that looks like the full S bells do when they're peeking out from under the chest armor. So you may want to play with both Kaiyodi & SSC shoulder bells to see which you prefer for the final look. Here's a pic I took awhile ago, with the the parts all just sitting on top of each other. A loose test fitting.
FitLs8.jpg
FitLs9.jpg

The Kaiyodo chest armor should be fine. I believe the SSC is a bit oversize. Even though the shoulder bells on the SSC are the wrong shape, they are shaped in a way that looks like the full S bells do when they're peeking out from under the chest armor. So you may want to play with both Kaiyodi & SSC shoulder bells to see which you prefer for the final look. Here's a pic I took awhile ago, with the the parts all just sitting on top of each other. A loose test fitting.
View attachment 155873
View attachment 155874

Is that the hasbro dome? I have no idea why but it seems so big in person. But on your pic it looks ok... O_O

Is that the hasbro dome? I have no idea why but it seems so big in person. But on your pic it looks ok... O_O
Yep. Hasbro dome. I thinned out the inside of the dome a bit with the dremel. Still want to shave down the mask a bit, etc. so the final fit will be to my liking.

Looks nice. I think the chest armor could be pulled a bit more forward, as it seems to be riding a bit too high up towards the neck.

And the Kaiyodo bells are all sorts of wrongly shaped. And the Sideshow just look like WHAT?

it almost look like the same size as the Kaiyodi I guess I will have to see it in hand once I get it. but if I put a back plate on the medicom chest armor it should look better

Just to show how the Kaiyodo sculpt is all manners of accurately scaled. The scan armor is unfixed and hasn't been manipulated into the correct shape, so flares out in the back a bit, but you can see how the armors almost match in size.
Kaiyodo008.jpg

The looks simply incredible, Ecz! You persevered and nailed it.:clap:clap:clap

Is that Kaiyodo kit supposed to be ANH? Just wondering about the under-chin triangular grate size. The one on the SSC DX is massive (maybe slightly too big) which is meant to be that really huge ESB/ROTJ grate look, while ANH has the little triangle.

The looks simply incredible, Ecz! You persevered and nailed it.:clap:clap:clap

Is that Kaiyodo kit supposed to be ANH? Just wondering about the under-chin triangular grate size. The one on the SSC DX is massive (maybe slightly too big) which is meant to be that really huge ESB/ROTJ grate look, while ANH has the little triangle.

I think it's supposed to be esb. Considering the neck brace. It's Resculpt ed to be more accurate though. I guess the triangle on the chin should be bigger. And the nose less outward. But it's better than hot toys offering to my eyes so far.

Nah, the nose on the Kaiyodo is where it should be. It's simply the cheeks that are too far recessed out at the outer edges - they should be further forward and then curve in to where it meets the nose on the sculpt.

Nah, the nose on the Kaiyodo is where it should be. It's simply the cheeks that are too far recessed out at the outer edges - they should be further forward and then curve in to where it meets the nose on the sculpt.

Could you demonstrate this in a picture? If I one day decide to make the silver ddarker I might address this too to make him near perfeit.

I'll try and get a picture taken of the face masks from the top, so you can see what I'm talking about. But basically, the addition is basically a small piece of pie shape added to the current cheeks, where the pointy end should basically just blend into the cheek face corner in towards the nose. So, a slightly curved triangle shape addition. At the outer corners, when seeing the face mask from the side, the addition is basically going to push the cheek sides about 2 mm forward.

Hope that makes sense, but the pictures will certainly illustrate what I'm talking about.

Back