1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That tomy helmet would look good on a medicom, especially if you can flare it out in a similar way to the ssc's when modded. Medicom's sculpt is really off IMO

That tomy helmet would look good on a medicom, especially if you can flare it out in a similar way to the ssc's when modded. Medicom's sculpt is really off IMO

It's leaps and bounds better than Sideshow's. The bucket is too squished and doesn't have the triangles above the visor. Have you checked the Medi mods thread? Those are some of the most accurate buckets you will ever find. The Medi is far easier to mod than than Sideshow's and putting one on a TT slim makes a world of difference. I normally don't like Medicom because of scale but this is one case where Medicom wins over Sideshow hands down.

From reading here it seems each version has their pros/cons, but is the current SSC offering the best 'out of the box' Boba Fett?

It's leaps and bounds better than Sideshow's. The bucket is too squished and doesn't have the triangles above the visor. Have you checked the Medi mods thread? Those are some of the most accurate buckets you will ever find. The Medi is far easier to mod than than Sideshow's and putting one on a TT slim makes a world of difference. I normally don't like Medicom because of scale but this is one case where Medicom wins over Sideshow hands down.

Just because sideshow messed up the helmet in many ways, doesn't add to the medi's favour. The medi is inaccurate, modded or not, its just the sculpt. Use your eyes instead of being biased to 1 company or another, it doesn't stop the medi being a great figure nor does ssc's failings stop it from being a great figure either.

The medi helmet is too squinty around the upper visor, the face is too flat, yes it has the flare but it is off also in terms of proportions, in different ways to how the ssc is off. They are 2 ends of the spectrum

While I'm at it, just to see your opinion on this - the green on the medicom isn't perfect either, the contrast between the helmet and the chest is too great on the esb version.

In my opinion, the SSC alone has the raw materials for the closest 1/6 ESB Boba yet, i'm treating mine like a kit for parts and with mods and repaints I don't think I'll need any other bits apart from a new chest armour undershirt and a TT slim

Also why is the medi easier to mod than sideshows?

Last edited:
From reading here it seems each version has their pros/cons, but is the current SSC offering the best 'out of the box' Boba Fett?

The ssc body on ssc fett doesn't look like fett's body, and out of the box I'd say medi ROTJ fett can be just as cool if it appeals to u more, but if you switch ssc fett to a tt slim, and do the VERY easy helmet flare mod eczamurai figured out and a few of us did in the boba mod thread, that then edges SSC fett way ahead

edit:
Here are some very early days photos, just made the ssc helmet wide in about 5minutes of fiddling

Before
boba3lowquality.png

boba19lowquality.png

After
IMG_0590.jpg

Mod demonstration

IMG_0449.jpg

It still has innaccuracies but I'm ok with the shape of it now, I think it beats the medi helmet now.

Last edited:
The ssc body on ssc fett doesn't look like fett's body, and out of the box I'd say medi ROTJ fett can be just as cool if it appeals to u more, but if you switch ssc fett to a tt slim, and do the VERY easy helmet flare mod eczamurai figured out and a few of us did in the boba mod thread, that then edges SSC fett way ahead

edit:
Here are some very early days photos, just made the ssc helmet wide in about 5minutes of fiddling

Before
boba3lowquality.png

boba19lowquality.png

After
IMG_0590.jpg

Mod demonstration

IMG_0449.jpg

It still has innaccuracies but I'm ok with the shape of it now, I think it beats the medi helmet now.

Thank you for the feedback mortifactor. :duff

I'll remember this when I'm ready to get a Fett.

That modded SSC helm looks more like Pre Viszla to me than Fett.
img-gg_pre_vizsla_01.jpg

Compare that image to the helmet in my image, theyre entirely different lol. The TCW mando helmets arent flared and are really long in the face... no idea where you pulled the similarity from

Compare that image to the helmet in my image, theyre entirely different lol. The TCW mando helmets arent flared and are really long in the face... no idea where you pulled the similarity from
:goodpost:

Its called trolling for a reason.

mortifactor... SSC should hire you to rework all the figures they've sold.

Great looking Fett! It's a shame the figure doesn't look that way right from the factory.

It would be so great if ssc just copied HT bodies for their figures lol, body swapping is one of the biggest improvements you can make to many figures!

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Just a few Fett pics....Just got him last week (do the send the stuff by whale or what?!?:gah:) I did the lifejacket mod and peeled/watertreated the braids. Í pretty much like him this way...no more modding needed for me.

Just a few Fett pics....Just got him last week (do the send the stuff by whale or what?!?:gah:) I did the lifejacket mod and peeled/watertreated the braids. Í pretty much like him this way...no more modding needed for me.

Your abdominal armour plate looks great, how did you curve it? Mine warped a bit in heat, but managed to warp it back with a risky re-heat lol

Back