1/6th Scale Sideshow Hoth Luke Skywalker (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And just like that we've now seen all the new reveals and SDCC is basically over as far as collectibles are concerned. :lol

All that's left is to see full specs and prices and a year wait to have these in hand (assuming they don't pull a "Grievous" with the Hoth characters and we don't see them again until 2015.)

Yeah, I'm glad for the great Hoth figures... but the 1/6 reveals in general were a bit anticlimactic as it was all stuff we've known about for a long while.

I was hoping in addition to Han and Luke we'd at least get an additional Hoth rebel, Leia or some left field OT figure like a Bounty Hunter or Cantina Alien.

It does seem they've been on a ESB kick lately with regards to the OT. Other than the Tusken Raider last year, I think the last non-ESB figure we got was the Deluxe Sandtrooper.

I'd love another Jabba and Cantina alien. I think outside of those figures though, my biggest wants right now would be a Royal Guard and Skiff Guard Lando.

Yeah, I'm glad for the great Hoth figures... but the 1/6 reveals in general were a bit anticlimactic as it was all stuff we've known about for a long while.

I was hoping in addition to Han and Luke we'd at least get an additional Hoth rebel, Leia or some left field OT figure like a Bounty Hunter or Cantina Alien.

Yeah it's fun to see a completely finished figure from head to toe that we were never expecting. But it's also fun to know well in advance what is being planned (which then spoils grand reveals like this.) The eternal conundrum. :lol

I disagree that the reveals were anti-climatic! Yeah, we've seen sneak peeks of the Taun Tauns, but we only ever heard about them supposedly working on Hoth figures. But it's been years. It's also been years since we've heard about plenty of other figures they are working on, so I've pretty much taken any of those announcements with a grain of salt. So to actually SEE the Hoth Luke and Han, it's fantastic. And for them to look this good is even better. I truly haven't been this excited about an announcement since maybe when they revealed the ANH Vader and Stormies. Especially since last year's reveals were so ho-hum. It's also been since 2008 since we've gotten a Sideshow Luke or Han (not counting the Luke/Han Stormies).

It's also great that we have such a full Hoth grouping coming our way. We have the Snowtroopers and E-Web Cannon, now followed by the probe droid, Taun Tauns, and Han and Luke in Hoth gear!

For the past 3 or 4 years I've only purchased maybe 2 to 4 figures per year, whereas when I first started collecting in 2008 I was collecting an average about 1 a month. Now I finally have something to really look forward to!

So the consensus for the exclusives are:

Luke-f'd up face headsculpt

Han-Blue coat

What else can it be for Han? Luke's light saber would be lame....Maybe Tauntaun guts? Welding Goggles and welder?

I'm excited. Provided funds are available at the time, Luke and taun-taun are a most buy for me. Han and the probot are awesome but a wait and see.

What else can it be for Han? Luke's light saber would be lame....Maybe Tauntaun guts? Welding Goggles and welder?

That portable scanner he uses to try and locate Luke.

techscannerportable1eu1.jpg

i hope luke comes with some way to hang him upside down........either magnets in his boots or a magnetic snow base to hang from or some combination of that.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've seen more than enough images of this Hoth diorama already. Time for something new, like removing hats and coats as far as pictures go. But what I really want more than anything is information. Rebelscum doesn't seem to be posting anything. All the people, except 2 or 3, who comment on their stuff are exclusively interested in Hasbro - not that they're getting any answers anyway.

face sculpt is incredible! never knew they had it in them to sculpt human faces like this? they just took a huge step forward it seems recently with this and han. good grief it looks amazing. looks like HT standard sculpts. if this is their new standard in quality, it makes me very excited.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've seen more than enough images of this Hoth diorama already. Time for something new, like removing hats and coats as far as pictures go. But what I really want more than anything is information. Rebelscum doesn't seem to be posting anything. All the people, except 2 or 3, who comment on their stuff are exclusively interested in Hasbro - not that they're getting any answers anyway.

Yeah, more information would be nice.

I want to see those hoods come down too!

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

There will be a Sideshow panel tomorrow. They might reveal more about the displayed pieces then.

I am not much into SS products but the characters (Luke & Han) along with prototype execution has me interested. The only "complaint" at the moment would be lack of weathering on the outfits. It'd go a long way making these even cooler

Oh man... This is so damn awesome. My favorite characters from my favorite scene/planet from my favorite film. I'm having one massive geekgasm right now. :rock

Fond memories here as well. I'm pretty sure Hoth Luke & Tauntaun were my first Star Wars toys. Being able to stuff characters in the belly is still cool to this day. =)

I am not much into SS products but the characters (Luke & Han) along with prototype execution has me interested. The only "complaint" at the moment would be lack of weathering on the outfits. It'd go a long way making these even cooler

Nothing that a can of Christmas tree flock won't fix.

Yep, agreed with pixel and Darth Cruel. Better to have clean outfits and let everyone weather their own, since it's so simple and stock weathering very often looks cheap.

Back