1/6th Scale Sideshow Hoth Luke Skywalker (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Impressed by this as well.
SDCC2013
DSC_0019_zps83840062.jpg

DSC_0016_zpsc758a215.jpg

DSC_0017_zps37389487.jpg

Check this out, it looks like you can thread the stirrup through the boot. Unless this was just done to keep him in place for the show?

DSC_0019_zps83840062.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Whoa! Nostalgia just kicked in. Suddenly I feel again like a 9 year old kid, spending hours in the mall, browsing through the SW kenner/hasbro figures. This is probably the first Luke Skywalker figure headsulpt, that satifies me. A must buy.

The sculpt seems even better than the Hot Toys attempt. You can actually see the post-car-crash, fatter Mark Hammil here.

REDEEMED! TWO heads are better than one. - Note, this was also posted to the Han Solo thread.

SSC via Rebelscum.com said:
https://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/SDCC_2013_Star_Wars_Collectibles_Update_Panel_153280.asp

1. The Luke Skywalker comes with two heads, a regular version with non-removable cowl and a battle damaged version.

2. The Han Solo will come with his correct Brown jacket and his infamous Blue jacket. He will also come with his Echo Base hairstyle and a non-removable headgear version.

3. There will be two Tauntaun heads in the set allowing collectors to choose between Luke or Han's beast.
It didn't make any sense whatsoever to call either of these figures "Echo Base" with the hats on. Now we know exactly what makes 'Echo Base' different than a regular Hoth release.

I smell Sideshow "Deluxe" releases here and premium pricing. No numbers given yet that I've found, but a safe guess is probably $250 for each of Luke and Han, and $350 for Tauntaun.

Last edited:
I can't imagine these at $250. I'm thinking $175-$200. They are ultimately just figures on pro bodies, meaning they didn't need to develop anything new for them. Vader's their first $250 figure and they had to develop a new body plus working lights.

Yes, 2 sculpts are pricey. But their last Obi had 2 sculpts for the ex and was only $150, AND had the light up saber.

Unfortunately $350 for the tauntaun seems right. :(

I can't see this going $250, either. HT Luke with 2 complete bodies and heads was $300. Like Lu says, no extreme new R&D associated with these from what we can tell.

Hmmm, good points, Lu (edit: and kara). Think I'll stop thinking about the pricing and just enjoy the reveals, anyway. Really impressed with what SSC's shown this SDCC (we won't speak of Vader), so going to soak it in and enjoy the ride.

Head sculpts and clothing are easily the most expensive parts of these figures - in fact, almost all figures - LOTS of long manual labor for each copy. Little LED panels are 1. easy to design and 2. easy to manufacture, including assembly.

But we'll see. I'd love them to be $90 each. But as mentioned, Boba Fett is $175. Snowtrooper $150. Most people expected Vader to be less than $250 even after seeing plenty of images of what was included. Production costs are also not gong down, so don't forget to factor in that these will only be out at least 12 months from now, likely longer. I'm sure SSC didn't (or won't) forget to factor that when they set the pricing.

I wouldn't have expected these to come in over $179.99. Are we expecting a huge markup because of the characters?

^ I don't think so either. For $250 they can probably keep them.

I'm getting tired of those prices and even though I have paid it before its becoming more and more ludicrous for me to pay it.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Back