1/6th Scale Sideshow Hoth Luke Skywalker (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's just excitement which there's nothing wrong with. Easy there pp I'm sure people know this will be up for po for awhile.

I'm just looking for any angle I can get to slow sales at SSC in hopes of price drops in the new year! ;)

So with this, it looks like short of an X-Wing Luke, SS would have pretty much finished all significant film versions of this character. Hopefully they nail an X-Wing pilot version. An OT Luke lineup pic would look pretty cool. I like looking at HT figs, but for my money I'm glad SS has the license. I'd rather have 10 "8/9"(6/7 if you include Yavin Luke Lol) SW figs than 1 "9/10".

This is definitely Luke Skywalker on a Tauntaun. For all the nitpicking of the sculpt (valid if it's your hard earned money), I'd be willing to bet no one is coming to your house saying "That sorta kinda looks like that actor Mark Hamill on a weird creature". We all know it's Luke, bottom line. It's an excellent representation.

HT may go SW ***** to the wall whenever they get what they need to worked out, but right now I'm digging this guy and the effort they are putting in to the different outfits, creatures, environments, accessories, etc...

Well said! You'll probably never have 100% likeness,but this figure is pretty damn close! ( a buy for me)

I'm just looking for any angle I can get to slow sales at SSC in hopes of price drops in the new year! ;)

I'm gonna try to use the holiday coupon, and see if it works... i kinda think that sideshow has been inflating prices 20-25$, and offering those coupons to help boost sales....

Edit: JESUS CHRIST THE TYPOS

Last edited:
I'm gonna try to use the holiday coupon, and see if it workd... i kinda think that sideshow has been inflating pricese 20-25$, and offering those coupons to help boost sales....

I was thinking the same thing about the coupons. You never saw those monthly coupons before. Either way, it brings the priced down a bit, which is appreciated.

I don't think the current one will work on Luke. New stuff that went up around the same time as the coupon code never works. You usually have to wait for the coupon that comes out a couple months after the pre-order.

Noobie here...

Are SS heads interchangeable with Hot Toys? Or can I just buy an additional body from SS. I'm thinking about getting this figure, and I've got a HT Luke, and a spare X-wing Uni that I'd like to make a custom fig from.

We just moved into a new house, and I have my own office and I finally get to break out my collection (20+ figs of SS Star wars alone) that's been in boxes for the last half decade or more. I am excite!!!

Yes, they should be compatible... generally the neck plugs are interchangeable between HT and Sideshow. Every so often we see a specific type of plug for a head that negates that but even then if you have some extra pieces from bodies you can figure out a work around.

Agreed... I'll only be getting one Tauntaun and he'll mostly be displayed with the broken horn and Luke. I'll also get Han, but he'll be hoofing it for the most part.

I may try and cobble together a 2nd Luke using the BD head and a reworked Hasbro figure. I've had one in my parts bin for a long time and if I weather the **** out of it the end product might be acceptable.

Gonna go great underneath my poster!
ureqe8yv.jpg

Looks solid... as always, I'm onboard.
Curious as to why they are doing a leather belt here. Not that I loved the plastic one on obi, but this application seems more suited I think going around the jacket and how easily they've come apart in the past.
Additionally, I hope these are two part boots cause big plastic shell boots would be a step backwards!

Let's try and remember were looking at an unfinished product.(more-so an unfinished SSC product) This is SS were talking about here and we all know how prototypes go with SS. SS is trying to be HT, key word trying in both price and product. So before we start throwing words around like "amazing" and "best ever", i think it's time to pull the reigns a little bit. I am a Luke Skywalker nut, i want these to turn out better worse than most of you and then some. I think with SS's track record it's better to remain cautiously optimistic, or maybe get let down in the end.

Let hope not! :pray:
I'm usually happy with the SS end product. Only thing I used to ever change was the paint on the sculpt, and on the super old SS SW figures, the tailoring of the clothing. I'm not worried about this though. To me, this sculpt looks better than the clean DX Luke sculpt. I haven't bought an SS product since I sold my SW collection early last year but this and Vader are really making it difficult to stay away.
Yeah, don't get too excited. OSCORP might not like it in the end, and then where will we all be? :dunno

:lol

Yes, they should be compatible... generally the neck plugs are interchangeable between HT and Sideshow. Every so often we see a specific type of plug for a head that negates that but even then if you have some extra pieces from bodies you can figure out a work around.

Great, thanks!

It didn't let me order them together.
The Tauntaun has a NRD.
No matter.
I have until October 2014 to save up for them.
Or they could be a cool birthday gift.

Was right I knew it would be October of next year. Luke Ordered! Very excited for him and will wait on Taunt Taun for now. :yess::clap

Back