12" Aragorn Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. Hunky Artist... if you are offering a repaint service like other talented members do I would get an Aragorn and ask you to redo it because for me that IS Aragorn. Fantastic work.

HA repaint gives more reason as to why the sculpt is not a problem but the paint job is. Awesome work :chew :chew

Ok, here is the totally finished, completed... no more touch ups Aragorn.. with good lighting!!!

I don't know how it compares though, with such outstanding work preceding me....

DSCN1319.jpg

DSCN1320.jpg

DSCN1321.jpg

DSCN1322.jpg

DSCN1324.jpg

DSCN1325.jpg

DSCN1326.jpg

DSCN1328.jpg

DSCN1329.jpg

It's beautiful Josh, congratulations, love the jacket and weathering, the beard, eyebrows and the face tones... love the eye color but maybe puplis painted a bit large, doesn't take away from the superb overall effect.

pjam said:
It's beautiful Josh, congratulations, love the jacket and weathering, the beard, eyebrows and the face tones... love the eye color but maybe puplis painted a bit large, doesn't take away from the superb overall effect.

Yeah, I've been stumbling on eyes lately... It's been killing me. I'd like to say it's my brushes, but I think it's just me being rusty... :lol

Thanks for the compliments Paul, much appreciated. This guy took me forever to complete, I'm just glad to finally be done. It's always nice to hear good words from my fellow collectors, just adds to the good feeling of being finished.

it compares absolutely fine DA. Excellent work as all of yours always is! I look forward to each of your repaints :)

great weathering too on the clothes, thats what im working on at the moment..... god this is fun doing this isnt it :rotfl

WOW!!! :monkey1

Mine's really gonna pae in comparrison to the Dark and Hunky Artists version. Not to mention CustomMikey's. But I did have A LOT of fun weathering the outfit. I tried a lotof things, particularly with the jacket. I made sure to dirty up the hands too,. Anyway, take a look!

Aragorn9.jpg
Aragorn8.jpg

Aragorn4.jpg
Aragorn.jpg

He's still got a definite "deer in the headlights" look, but the fact that his bangs can be adjusted helps. Unfortunately I didn't realize the strap to bed-roll was hanging off his shoulder until I got the pics on my computer. I like to think of him as work-in-progress even though I haven't touched him weeks. There's always more dirt,dung, and wear to add to his clothes. And I REALLY can't for Legolas now!!!

DarkArtist, you've done something I've been waiting for: cheated a little on the placement of the irises, setting them as wide as possible, and making his eyes seem a tad wider-set.

I think it moves the sculpt a step closer to Viggo. Nice.

Hey I've got a question, I haven't undone the bedroll but there is something inside that lets me bend it, like some kind of joint or wire. Has anybody undone it to see what's inside? It's a good thing, I'm just curious as to what the heck it is. Thanks!

Captain Aldeggon said:
Hey I've got a question, I haven't undone the bedroll but there is something inside that lets me bend it, like some kind of joint or wire. Has anybody undone it to see what's inside? It's a good thing, I'm just curious as to what the heck it is. Thanks!

I didnt undo it, but whilst weathering my clothes for my repaint I too discovered that you can bend the bedroll... which is great, because you can then have it slung across his back more as a real scale piece of fabric, than a tiny toy replica... makes it look much better if you bend it a bit

Gruff Old Bear said:
DarkArtist, you've done something I've been waiting for: cheated a little on the placement of the irises, setting them as wide as possible, and making his eyes seem a tad wider-set.

I think it moves the sculpt a step closer to Viggo. Nice.

Thanks Everyone!! Aragorn took me a while, as I wanted to get him right, just glad you guys like him as well. And Gruff... I appreciate the comment. His eyes were tough, I studied pics of him for a while attempting to get them to look more like Viggo's. I repainted them a couple of times before I thought it looked good.

Captain, yes indeed the bedroll does bend.... But there is no wire, just fabric. I roucghed up the leather with fine sandpaper and it gave a much more used and weathered look. I then drybrushed a little and it was finished.

And HA, thanks a bunch. I can't wait to see yours weathered and completed. The costume is the most fun to me... just interesting to find ways to make it look better.

And good work Monitor, the pics are a little rough... but he does indeed look like he's been living in the woods for a few weeks! I love the weathering!!!

Back