12" Aragorn Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i know this can't beat hunky's or any of the customs out there..but here it is again..muahaha:rotfl ..just for fun

IMG_3663a.jpg

your photos are excellent ed, don't knock yourself down. You understand how to post things to achieve a human look, and not a plastic toy

Happy new year folks. well I had ten minutes spare while waiting for some primer to dry, and I'd just been futzing with the figure so I just grabbed the camera and took a few snaps. Nothing new really... just because I can't stop looking at these figures :cool:

new1.jpg

new2.jpg

new3.jpg

new4.jpg

Yours is the best repaint I've seen my friend--and that says a lot considering how many AMAZING repaints there have been of Aragorn. Wish I could afford one!

Captain Aldeggon said:
Yours is the best repaint I've seen my friend--and that says a lot considering how many AMAZING repaints there have been of Aragorn. Wish I could afford one!

I agree. I've added pics of your fig to my reference catalogue for Strider. I hope I can make mine look that good, too! Just amazing! Did you do something to the bangs, because they seem to have taken on real life!!

Guys thanks, seriously! I was just a bit bored, and love this figure... and my camera was on the desk.... calling me "darrennnnn...... take a pic of Aragorrnnnnnn" :rotfl

Customikey said:
I agree. I've added pics of your fig to my reference catalogue for Strider. I hope I can make mine look that good, too! Just amazing! Did you do something to the bangs, because they seem to have taken on real life!!

Sir Mikey of Custom......... that means tons coming from you. Thanks :bow

When I was posing the figure in a 'walking' pose... for me it was the hair that was keeping it from feeling real. The hair was stuck in a way that didnt look natural for the position and movement of the head. So i just twisted and posed the hairpieces so that one was flicking/swinging out away from his head, as it did with Viggo... and the other i bent/twisted over and rested it across his nose to get the same effect. Took a while to get it to stay over his nose.. but got there eventually.

For me it gives the figure much more movement. Looks like his hair is swaying side to side with each step

That extra touch of detail really pushed that custom over the edge. It looked great to begin with; everything you've done to that figure has brought it much closer and perhaps even surpassed the initial prototype images shown. But that little tweak with the hair just seems to bring it to a whole new level. It's all in the details.

Awesome pics!

Some people have been pm'ing me about the repaint Liu (skwerl) did for me, so I decided to unpack him. As soon as I figure out how to take better shots I will, but here's what I got for now.

2iuooj7.jpg

2ewf6tc.jpg

that's what I love about reading this board... all the different customs we see are amazing (yes, some more than others.... but they're all good), but they all look TOTALLY different... and yet they're all GREAT. I love it.

Back