12" Aragorn Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I got my new Ex. Aragorn yesterday, and looooovvvveee it!!! The cloak and pipe look great with him. You know I still think this is one of the best SS figs I have owned. Even when people were making such a big deal about the HS, I still didn't see it. And now that I have him, Leg and Boromir on the same shelf he still looks even more awesome, and IMHO as good as the other two. I mean they all have there pros and cons. :cool:

Last edited:
Glad you finally got yours and are happy with him.

Darren - I wouldn't beed to post mine with hood and pipe if he looked anything like yours, but he doesn't so hood and pipe are essential. :lol

pixletwin said:
Darren - I wouldn't need to post mine with hood and pipe if he looked anything like yours, but he doesn't so hood and pipe are essential. :lol

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

ok, good point............... lol

all.jpg

and click HERE for a cool close up face shot (too wide for the forum, but cool to scroll through)

hunky_artist said:
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

ok, good point............... lol

all.jpg

and click HERE for a cool close up face shot (too wide for the forum, but cool to scroll through)

That has got to be the best likeness shot of the Aragorn 12"er I have seen. The others are equally good also except for that dratted Darlek - looks nowt like :rotfl

that Dalek is fabulous. And it's radio controlled, has lights that flash when it talks and everything... nothing as cool as driving it round the house barking orders at the cats to "obeyy.... OBEYY!!!!!!" :lol

Oxfordian said:
That has got to be the best likeness shot of the Aragorn 12"er I have seen. The others are equally good also except for that dratted Darlek - looks nowt like :rotfl

Honestly I luv them all except for Obi-wan - nice work

Hey guys i have done the same as i did with my aragorn as i did with the obi wan.
I changed him to a hot toys body and totally taken apart the out fit restiched.
I like the way the outfit hangs on him now. The belly kind of hangs out like it dose on the pic.
Sending of the head tomoz to be repainted by Darren so i will put more up when i get it.

Please let me know what u think?

Thank you all those hours of watching all 3 lotr exstended edition in a row as i was looking for a job must have payed off. lol

did not bother with the feet just heated the boots and slid them in.
The arms i cut the 1s of the sideshow body then trimmed down teh hot toys 1s then stick it with supper glue but put some felt covered in superglue on it so it sticks 4 good heres a pic

"The same blood flows through my veins..."

And so Aragorn's conflict and fear is shared with Arwen at Rivendell, prior to the Fellowship leaving on their fateful quest to destroy the One Ring...

I received my repainted Aragorn headsculpt today and simply put, I was blown away by the artistry of "Pvt Skwerl". The following pics are pathetically inadequate in capturing the subtle shadings, skin tones, colors and life-like qualities in the headsculpt, not to mention those eyes... I honestly can't stop looking at it.

The eyes are simply amazing. I am at a loss for words here. They glisten as if moist with natural tears. No exageration in the effect. The colors, realistic in their tiny size. It's incredible how he has been able to paint so much detailing in so little space. Even the hair is fantastically shaded with different hues and correct highlighting and shadows.

Look at the following and imagine that they look 10 times better in person. Yes, it's that good in person.

Last edited:
FlyAndFight said:

I received my repainted Aragorn headsculpt today and simply put, I was blown away by the artistry of "Pvt Skwerl".
QUOTE]

That's an amazing repaint. It really captures Viggo's look well. Who did you say painted that?

Took Legolas out for a hunt yesterday...today was Aragorn's turn to do a little tracking...

539207068_ab16be3d3e_b.jpg

539207094_843d68c66d_b.jpg

While I heartily applaud those who have so amazingly repainted or reworked this figure, I really think he photographs outside quite well just the way he is...

539207118_3c11144e1a_b.jpg

He's one of my favorites in my entire collection...

Back