12" Aragorn Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darren,

How did you go about removing the hair? Also does the whole hair dryer method work for removing SS Buck heads? Thanks.

To remove the hair piece I put the head in very hot water.
Still dificult but it will be more easy.
Same for removing the head put it in hot water for a minute or two and it should pop off easily!

yeah it's a pain to get the hair off. Just be careful though... as you're pulling, it's easy for the hair to rip, just keep an eye on it and make sure that doesn't happen :)

Darren's Aragorn is fantastic! Easily my favorite 1/6 figure and he did a fantastic job weathering mine as well.

Now he jut needs the rest of the Hobbits to make the fellowship complete.

PM your addy so I can send mine's head to you.

:D ;)

...no :D

Darren's Aragorn is fantastic! Easily my favorite 1/6 figure and he did a fantastic job weathering mine as well.

Now he jut needs the rest of the Hobbits to make the fellowship complete.

aw thanks Doug... I'm so glad you like it. I've actually got a bunch of LOTR stuff I'm painting at the moment, including some hobbitses... so we'll see how they turn out :cool:

I really wish I didn't have to sell my Legolas and Aragorn figures last year though. Hopefully one day I'll buy two back, and get the hobbits and Gandalf to go with.

Oh man makes me wish I could send over the rest of my lotr group!

Although it would make the competition to be the best 1/6 figure in my collection a lot harder. I can't wait for you to finish my next custom but it'll be hard for you to top Aragorn. The detail you put into is amazing in my opinion. The only “improvements” I’ve considered doing are changing the body to a true type and adding the knife sheath (wish I had that sheath when I had sent him to you but I didn’t think about it until way after the fact) but I don’t want to risk damage anything from the repaint to the weathering.

If you ever do another run of those Legolas heads you'll have to let me know.

Meanie!

147.gif

i bought seb's gimli for myself for christmas. when darren's LOTR crew arrive, i am convinced i will have the best aragorn-legolas-gimli trio out there. when i first saw darren's repaint of the aragorn head, i was shocked it wasn't a resculpt. his paint could have bought out viggo's likeness in a baked turd! di man gotting di skills!

NOW I am stoked! I have been biding my time and waiting to be able to get an Exclusive Aragorn as Strider to Display with the rest of my exclusive 1:6 LOTR figures.

I just got one on ebay for less than 85.00 shipped.

Now I can not wait to get them displayed!

Thanks Ween! But now I have a problem. I accidentally had the figure sent to an address where the post office is notorious for losing my 1:6 Sideshow figures that I get from ebay! I had this address when I was working in Phoenix. I have not taken it off of paypal but I am usually careful to make sure the shipping address is correct. I blew it this time. I will have to call them tomorrow to see if I can intercept the package and have it re-directed to me here at home.

Thanks Ween! But now I have a problem. I accidentally had the figure sent to an address where the post office is notorious for losing my 1:6 Sideshow figures that I get from ebay! I had this address when I was working in Phoenix. I have not taken it off of paypal but I am usually careful to make sure the shipping address is correct. I blew it this time. I will have to call them tomorrow to see if I can intercept the package and have it re-directed to me here at home.

Ooooooo.....I hope it arrives okay!!

This is actually a problem I have when selling on eBay. Sometimes the eBay addy and the paypal addy don't match because they forget to change one of them when the move.

Fortunately, I (finally) git through to the P.O. in Phoenix and they told me that they would re0direct the package to my correct address...for a small fee, of course...but the fee is only the difference in shipping the package here as opposed to Phoenix.

So it looks like my LOTR figures will get to be displayed...finally.

Now I am truly stoked! The P.O. in Phoenix came through for me in a big way. They intercepted the package and re-directed it to me. I now have my Exclusive Aragorn and I can not wait to get them all set up!

Back