12" Aragorn Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my Aragorn with Erick Sosa's headsculpt. Painted and weathered by me.

DSCN6552.jpg

More pics in the customs section:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3597266#post3597266
Seen these last night at home. They look awesome. I still have been to lazy to try my hand at painting my Aragorn sculpt. Yours and the other one in customs gives me motivation.

^^^That looks great!

Is that the Sideshow head repainted?

Also, is that meant to be a Helms Deep version?

Sorry that's my first post, so accidentally post the photo w/o description.
Yap, that's the Aragorn LOR Two Towers Helm's Deep version, and some more photos
DSC03427.jpg

DSC03386.jpg

DSC03429.jpg

the figure is just a repaint on the eyebrows and beard and remould the hair with hair dryer (beware don't overhead and melt the pvc hair!) and this is the closeup you see...
DSC03428.jpg

This the the Ranger version
DSC03440.jpg

and the ROTK version
DSC03444.jpg

DSC03447.jpg

Herewith the fellowships
Gimli
DSC03401.jpg

Legolas two tower full armor version
DSC03408.jpg

Gandalf the White
DSC03418.jpg

Hope enjoy this ..

Been watching my new Blu-ray extended editions and promptly took out my LOTR figures for displaying.
Has anybody ported the figures over to TT's?
I wonder how well the TT's would work under all those garments, and if the difference is noticeable.

I have, and they work just fine. Aragorn , however, either needs his calves dremmeld down, or Truetype Slim-type calves.

His boots are tight-fitting as hell.

Aragorn and Legolas on truetypes.
DSC00964.jpg

Different angle

DSC00968.jpg

Smoke break
DSC00971.jpg

Legolas
DSC00974.jpg

Even Gandalf got the treutype treatment
DSC00970.jpg

I like the way they look...
Might start with good old Leggy, he certainly needs to fill out his suit a little bit better.
Did you use regular TT's or the narrow shoulder ones?

Cool pics and thanks for the info!

I like the way they look...
Might start with good old Leggy, he certainly needs to fill out his suit a little bit better.

easy fix man. I've retailer the jerkin to fit as tight as can be on the Buck body and it really adds to ho good this figure can be. I've also refitted the straps on his chest tighter and made the chest leaf buckle movie accurate in the sense that the straps now go through the buckle like they're supposed to. minor but effective in overall appearance IMO

SAM_1911.jpg

SAM_1913.jpg

Annnnd since this is an Aragorn thread, here's my Aragorn who's been modded a bit

SAM_1973.jpg

SAM_1950.jpg

SAM_1947.jpg

SAM_1960.jpg

Last edited:
I have, and they work just fine. Aragorn , however, either needs his calves dremmeld down, or Truetype Slim-type calves.

His boots are tight-fitting as hell.

Aragorn and Legolas on truetypes.
DSC00964.jpg

Different angle

DSC00968.jpg

Smoke break
DSC00971.jpg

Legolas
DSC00974.jpg

Even Gandalf got the treutype treatment
DSC00970.jpg

Love this whole series of pics! :clap

Looks like you had a lot of fun. And the true types look great! :)

heh. did those a few years back. I've always wanted to do a 1/6th scale/ action figure oriented photo-webcomic... but i''ve never had the time.

easy fix man. I've retailer the jerkin to fit as tight as can be on the Buck body and it really adds to ho good this figure can be. I've also refitted the straps on his chest tighter and made the chest leaf buckle movie accurate in the sense that the straps now go through the buckle like they're supposed to. minor but effective in overall appearance IMO

SAM_1911.jpg

SAM_1913.jpg

Annnnd since this is an Aragorn thread, here's my Aragorn who's been modded a bit

SAM_1973.jpg

SAM_1950.jpg

SAM_1947.jpg

SAM_1960.jpg

That is a very cool Aragorn, wow.

Back