12" Aragorn Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my custom Aragorn...

DSCN0469.jpg

I took Darren's advice and just did a repaint on the head...looks fantastic! I also carved out the neck and put it on a soldier story body so he could have a solid neck to show off Arwen's pendant. He's got Sideshow's jacket, boots, hands, pendant, belt and scabbard, along with the DiD shirt, jerkin, sword, and pants. Topped off with a Legolas exclusive elven cloak. Really happy with how he came out. Weathered the jacket and boots. I'm waiting on a set of Boromir Vambrances to finish him off. Cheers!

Ahhh... the greatest line that never was: Sideshow's LOTR series!
Just the other day I was perusing my LOTR figures again and was saddened by the fact the Sideshow let this one die. Such possibilities!

Here's my custom Aragorn...

DSCN0469.jpg

I took Darren's advice and just did a repaint on the head...looks fantastic! I also carved out the neck and put it on a soldier story body so he could have a solid neck to show off Arwen's pendant. He's got Sideshow's jacket, boots, hands, pendant, belt and scabbard, along with the DiD shirt, jerkin, sword, and pants. Topped off with a Legolas exclusive elven cloak. Really happy with how he came out. Weathered the jacket and boots. I'm waiting on a set of Boromir Vambrances to finish him off. Cheers!

Good job! You should show a pic of him up close!

looks great :)

If you want to take your figure to the next level... (and are brave) .. use some blades, sandpaper, screwdriver blades, metal files (or anything else you can think of) to do this to the bottom edges of the inner tunic, outer coat and a little bit to the sleeve cuffs. It really helps sell the illusion

IMG_0034Large.jpg

IMG_0025Large.jpg

Beautiful job, thecapn...

Been re-visiting older figures lately, and this ranger will always be one of my favorites...

5069275310_2ebdaba1b7_o.jpg

I miss this line....

... these pictures REALLY make me want to breakmine out of storage and put them in a detolf...

Though i'd need to buy them a Detolf first.

you would think it would be happening.
with a dwarf body that could be made to make the multiple characters from the Hobbit..we could get gimli...and perhapsmerry and pippin!!
There are so many awesome characters from the LOTR....it sux they didnt continue it.i would love a Saruman,Lurtz,Theodon,Haldir,Elrond,Eomer,Eowyn,Sauron and of course....Gollum with switchable Smeagol head ;) oh and a fish.

Back