12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having seen the neck adapter broken off a buck body, I believe they could place the Prometheus neck adapter onto a Buck well enough to snap a photo but not good enough for long term use, I wouldn't get hopes up over this.

Or were you wondering about if an AOTC Obi is in the works? If thats the case I could see that as being a hint. :dunno

They hinted at just that during a recent Q&A on the site. So lets hope.

Oh I see, You meant like a neck adapter.

I've gotta find something like this to make my Dr. Jones figure out of my Giles Body and the extra none-hat Indy head.

Here ya go

Will Sideshow ever re-use head sculpts of Clone Wars General Kenobi and Ilum Padme in the Star Wars 12-inch line to produce AOTC versions of the respective characters? Or will entirely new head sculpts be created for these ‘canon’ versions of the characters?

The Ilum Padme headsculpt isn’t likely to be re-used exactly as it is, because it was designed to fit nicely with the hood of her costume. The General Kenobi headsculpt could very well see using as part of a Jedi-robed AOTC version of the character - but please note that this is not an official confirmation of the product, just an acknowledgement of the ‘possibility’

Thanks Josh, sounds likely it'll happen, but likely they're not saying it's an announcement is to say it's not going to be til probably 2009 sometime before it's up for order, and makes sense with the CW figure this year.

As for Padme, that was almost a given, her ears are sculpted too pressed to the head for the hood on the Illum figure, though if we're lucky they're just use a mod of it from Trev because the face is perfect.

I would not buy a new figure if it re-uses a sculpt. Trevor is a great sculptor, but there is always room for improvement.

One thing that needs to be addressed on the AOTC sculpt is the hairline.

Thanks Josh, sounds likely it'll happen, but likely they're not saying it's an announcement is to say it's not going to be til probably 2009 sometime before it's up for order, and makes sense with the CW figure this year.

As for Padme, that was almost a given, her ears are sculpted too pressed to the head for the hood on the Illum figure, though if we're lucky they're just use a mod of it from Trev because the face is perfect.

Yeah, I figure it will be 2009 for it especially if they reuse the sculpt.

64972_2175_press03-001_copy_123_982lo.jpg

I assume the largest proportion of money for each figure goes to the sculptor. If they re-use a sculpt, would they charge the same? I'm sure most artists like a second opportunity on a portrait.

Well, one reason I think they'd lean towards reusing the AOTC portrait is the fact that it's LFL approved. They could have Trev or someone do a new one, but that'd require them to go through the approval process again. With the costume details pretty much worked out with the ROTS figure, there's little knew to get LFL to greenlight if they use existing pieces, plus it seems most folks are very happy with Trev's Clone Obi-Wan portrait, I've ordered 2 just to have a second head for AOTC figure. My issue with a new sculpt for AOTC Obi-Wan is I fear what hairstyle might be used. Trev used the one I like most, but because of the wig and all, his hair had several looks throughout, like the more slicked back look in the Geonosis arena. Whatever, they do, I'll get an AOTC Obi-Wan figure for sure.

All the reason to use the sculpt is for how perfect it came out. It 2 me is a spitting image of what he looked like overall in Ep2. Plus it is approved by LFL so it would speed the process up to getting this guy. No need to tweak what just might be perfection.

The only reason I'd want a new HS for AOTC Obi-Wan is, being a huge Obi-Wan fan, it'd be cool to have this hair style as well. As long as it's based on Ewan's natural hair and not that ugly wig I'll be fine with whatever they do, bottom line, just make AOTC Obi-Wan.

obi202.jpg

obi256.jpg

obi260.jpg

If we ever get this, I'll buy the figure just to burn it.

007.jpg

Not a fan of how it ended up for the Dooku duel either, even when it was Ewan's own hair.

228.jpg

Back