12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it can safely be said, this figure is Sideshow's best facial hair paintwork ever, and quite possibly some of the best paint work like it of all 1/6, there is a lot of great deatil in there.

I think it can safely be said, this figure is Sideshow's best facial hair paintwork ever, and quite possibly some of the best paint work like it of all 1/6, there is a lot of great deatil in there.

Just like Triad Toys, was really surprised when i received one of there scuplts. There something about transulent skin with the hair painted on top thats just perfect for the sixth scale.

I just hope Obi-Wan's skin comes out consistent.

With Frodo and Sam, it seemed like there was an inconsistent anomaly with the skin where patches would give a gloss look in some lighting, but it wasn't the whole skin area. I don't care about a semi gloss, I just want the skin and paint apps to look consistent over the whole head under lighting conditions. I've photographed Frodo and Sam less because of this, some lighting conditions that would really show them off nice show up the skin effect I speak of and it's ugly.

Many thanks to gabberjawa for hooking me up with Obi-Wan shots, look how awesome this thing looks.

here's another vantage point just for you, large sized:

2705119977_358aea938b_o.jpg

I may have to send my Anakin off for a repaint, I fear he'll look bad next to Obi. That's really outstanding. Way to step up the game Sideshow.

I don't think I want a Clone Wars Anakin, I like my ROTS Ani. I just wish he had a better paint job. Plus a repaint will cost less than a new figure I think. I'm just worried about it getting lost in the mail or something, that's the only thing that has stopped me from doing it so far.

Ahh, well ya if you don't want a CW Ani, then you're in a bind, just figured I'd throw it out there that if you'd be up for that figure, it's likely coming and would be the same quality as this Obi-Wan.

It's definitely a good recommendation. Just not the right one for me. But heck maybe when it comes out there will be something really cool about it that I like and decide to get one.

That leathery body suit has me a little concerned. That type of material being used under the armor is, in my opinion, the thing that causes the most hinderence of the Medicom Troopers.

But I will tell you what. This Obi-Wan will look awesome with the Medicom AOTC clones!

This figure head is totally sweet. As perfect as you can get. Expect to see this and you're mouth will drop upon seeing it.

I checked today and was told that Obi-Clone has the leathery body suit instead of spandex because that is what is more movie accurate. But I was assured that it is thin enough to minimize the hindrance of the articulation.

Nothing but confidence for this one now. And to think I considered cancelling because I wanted to cut back on prequel stuff. This is amazing looking, and I can't wait.

Back