12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have hope that this will come out great but isn't this a pre-production piece? I just hope the production pieces are as detailed.

I love everything about it except for the eyes. I prefer the eyes on the prototype pictured on the Sideshow site (much better likeness of Ewan McGregor IMO). Seems the eyes is the part that Sideshow has the most problems with on their figures. The ANH Luke also has "squinty" looking eyes like this. The rest of Obi looks terrific though. Can't wait to have him in hand!

I'm hoping so because I'm really liking what I see.

Me too. But after everything is considered...I have seen that even the production pieces can vary. And the Hasbro guys shed a little light on that. They told me that during the painting process, the masks used to paint the figures (Sideshow's manufacturers do it the same way) that the masks can get coated with paint and make small variations in the actual apps unless they are cleaned regularly.

Don't know if this is the case, but it seems to make sense to me.

Me too. But after everything is considered...I have seen that even the production pieces can vary. And the Hasbro guys shed a little light on that. They told me that during the painting process, the masks used to paint the figures (Sideshow's manufacturers do it the same way) that the masks can get coated with paint and make small variations in the actual apps unless they are cleaned regularly.

Don't know if this is the case, but it seems to make sense to me.

Well ya, there's still the likelihood of small variations, but definitely, I'm very happy with the ideal, target production look shown at SDCC.

Well ya, there's still the likelihood of small variations, but definitely, I'm very happy with the ideal, target production look shown at SDCC.

Absolutely. And it is very unlikely that there could be such huge changes that something that looks that good could be completely ruined. I reverted to Henny Penny for just a second.

The only thing I see happening with production run on this figure will be some minor variations in the eye and hair detailing, minor stuff.

Pictures make it look so, is his beard as nicely mixed with shades as the photos suggest, looks like reds and blondes mixed well to match Ewan's AOTC beard from the pictures.

IMG_9381.jpg

Well looks like they changed the way the elbow armor sits on the arms.The prototype's looked better,still looks nice though.

I wonder how difficult it'd be to take the Episode III version and make this into a current Clone Wars version....you'd have to remove a lot of the armor and find a way to do the Shoulder Bells but it could be done....huh...

I wonder how difficult it'd be to take the Episode III version and make this into a current Clone Wars version....you'd have to remove a lot of the armor and find a way to do the Shoulder Bells but it could be done....huh...

You might be able to cannibalize a Medi Stormtrooper for the arm and leg armor. Maybe a Hasbro one. It will take some work.

The armor in some areas still looks floppy. The Stormtrooper turned out nicer.

When is this supposed to be released again? looking forward to it!!!

October I think. The Comic Con piece was a production sample, so these should be on time or a little sooner if that's the case. No later than October thought, I'd figure.

How come? Not a fan of the design or too many other things you do want?

My anticipation grew after SDCC, thanks SSC, since we got to see what we're getting and how nice it looked.

I dunno. Prolly has to do with so much coming down the line. I think I would cancel this before I would cancel, say, Indiana Jones.

Back