12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm confused. Didn't he loose that lightsaber in the duel with Maul and start using the other one in Ep 2 and 3? Isn't Clone Wars between 2 and 3? Am I just a moron? Well, probably...

It's all right, I thought he lost his episode II lightsaber at the end of that movie as well. He really goes through those sabers, huh?

You know. I thought I could care less about the Captain Rex hologram, which is why I wait listed on the regular edition. But seeing that's part of the gauntlet, I like it. Would be nice to pose him with that on. Wonder what my chances are of getting an exclusive off the wait list. Hmmmm.... hehe

Here is another...facial close-up to follow. But it is exactly as the specimen at the Con was.

Hmm. The face is shiny. Is it fully painted? I don't think the con was. It looked like how Hot Toys does it. Looks like the head isn't sitting so high, though.

I'm confused. Didn't he loose that lightsaber in the duel with Maul and start using the other one in Ep 2 and 3? Isn't Clone Wars between 2 and 3? Am I just a moron? Well, probably...

In the first season of Clone Wars, he had his Episode 2 saber.

So what does the box look like? Does it have 2 seperate trays or does everything come in one tray?
No shipping notice so I called and it has not gone out yet? The person I spoke with did say that they have alot of product going out which is why this is going out at a snails pace. I was told if it doesn't go out by Friday to call back . So hopefully Maulfan is right and they get a mass shipment out tommorow /Thursday.

A couple of notes:

1) The articulation even blows the Medicom troopers out of the water.

2) The armor is rigid as we expected, and it feels almost thin as if the thickness were in scale with the figure.

3) The joints on mine are VERY loose. But he still holds a pose.

4) Heat up those hands before you put the saber in it...just in case.

5) I am slightly disappointed that there is no clip on the belt for the saber.

6) No wire in the cloak. But that is easily corrected.

Loose joints? That and breakage are what I was afraid off.

I hope it's not the Hobbit body all over again. Cheap plastic and very loose joints. Cheaply put together. This is the base of the figure. You mess that up and rest starts tumbling down. It's no fun to mess with and you're stuck using the stand to keep it up.

Hot Toys has some nice joints, though here and there (specifically the ankles) you'll get a loose area. Not a whole figure or a good portion of it.

Hopefully the Prometheus doesn't turn out like that.

Sideshow needs to take a really good look to see what's going on.

Looks great. I hope these stick around until I can use my reward points. Congrats to those getting it. I will have to live vicariously through you guys on this Wan. :monkey3

Looks to me Obi-Wan is cast in flesh colored plastic instead of painted flesh tones. I think it looks better this way actually.

The exclusive is very sweet!

dsc00612vf7.jpg

And yes, my pics aren't doing the figure justice at all. The paint is just fine. Just as good as the SDCC piece.

Every pic looks great to me. I'm looking forward to getting this fig (come on wait list, hehe) Like I said before, I'm really diggin the Exclusive HoloRex after seeing it. Which was something I didn't care for before seeing it. Anyway, congrats on receiving a fine piece, and hopefully I'll have mine soon!

OK.

Clone Obi is awesome! I'm really looking forward to ordering the Utapau Clone tomorrow! The body is nice and thick with the armor on, but not fat. Looks just right. The undersuit seems much sturdier than the rubber suits Hot Toys has been using so I don't think there should be any tearing issues. Speaking of Hot Toys, it was cool to see them get a mention on the box. Plus the hands are very much Hot Toy styled. These are actually better though. They don't have a removable wrist peg like Hot Toys. Each hand has its own peg. (This would have been WONDERFUL on the new BB Batman from Hot Toys. That little peg was a pain to remove from the hands, but not the arm.) The hands pop off with litte effort, but aren't falling off.

The Clone armor actually is moveable on the body so it can be adjusted around articulation points, and obviously is removable to an extent since The Holo gauntlet is a sperate gauntlet. I think you could get most of the arm and leg armor off, but I'm not sure about the torso area. I frankly didn't check to see if it could be removed. I doubt it though since Sideshow stated the armor wasn't supposed to be removable. But since some of it can be, it could add some "battle damage" to the clones.

The armor plastic is also nice and hard. No chance of warping, but not brittle enough to break I would think. Overall, I feel this is one of Sideshow's very best figures to date and can't wait to see what the Pro body can do and how the Stormtroopers come out!

Thanks for posting the box photos, looks like it will be worth the wait! Just wish they would start pumping these out already! Looks like I'll have to wait until Monday or Tuesday for mine now. I'm guessing not to many of us got shipping notices??

Looks amazing! Had to cancel due to HT Batman coming, but will for sure pick up in a month or so when other retailers get him. Exclusive did nothing for me, but the figure looks awesome!

Back