12" Clone Wars Obi-Wan in CLONE ARMOR!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so very much looking forward to this, can't wait for some Canadian companies to put it up for pre-order :chew

Should I look for a Hasbro clone trooper head to hollow out as a helmet or is the scale difference just going to make him look ridiculous?

My guess is that some (or all) clone troopers will have swappable heads, Temuera Morrison portrait and helmet. And if thats the case then you could concievably steal the helmet from one to use for General Kenobi.

The armor body seems too thin in the leg area. You can see gaps between the armor and the body in the lower leg area. The knee pads look like they will wobble around.

That and the chest articulation with the armor in the way. I wonder if it will just be stiff in that area or there will be some movement.

The armor body seems too thin in the leg area. You can see gaps between the armor and the body in the lower leg area. The knee pads look like they will wobble around.

That and the chest articulation with the armor in the way. I wonder if it will just be stiff in that area or there will be some movement.

Chest articulation WILL be limited. Trust me. Ask any trooper who WEARS that getup. :)

I'm not expecting the range to be like if the body had no armor on. Just if it would be able to bend a little. Backwards, forwards, side-to-side. And twist.

My guess is that some (or all) clone troopers will have swappable heads, Temuera Morrison portrait and helmet. And if thats the case then you could concievably steal the helmet from one to use for General Kenobi.

That is my hope. One of the big dissapointments with the Medicom clones is that there is no Temura head sculpt with them. I have confidence that Sideshow will give us that.

I could care less about ever having Morrison's portrait with any clones other than Cody. To me, Clone Troopers are like Stormtroopers, and Morrison's portrait belongs with Jango only, and since we never saw a helmetless Boba Fett, we should never have a Morrison portrait for him either.

I got the exclusive already...

Bloody cheap too...if you know where to buy...

£54.49 including postage...

Oh, and according to my magical retailer, the RRP will be about £69.99...

Which comes to about $140...

Oh, and they predict 1st August for it to start shipping...

I got the exclusive already...

Bloody cheap too...if you know where to buy...

£54.49 including postage...

Oh, and according to my magical retailer, the RRP will be about £69.99...

Which comes to about $140...

Oh, and they predict 1st August for it to start shipping...

Yeah but you can't put to much weight on the RRP price since they have rge RRP for the Medi clone as 149 which is the same as the us price and Indy and Gandolf both have RRP of 69.99 but neither of those were 140.

Still a good deal though...

And well done to you for working it out so easily...

Forbidden Planet if anyone is interested...

I wonder what the ankle joints will be like. Double ball jointed, like the Hot Toys body?

They are balled like HT.

021808obi_02.jpg

On the surface,this is such a departure from what SS has been releasing.In a good way ofcourse.That is if this figure turns out to look the same as the proto.This is gonna look so much better in the sense that putting next to the old SS figure's is gonna look really off.Kinda like two complete era's in figure making.

The new armour looks really good BTW with the harder ABS plastic.In such away that it has sharper defined edges to it.Looks more realistic!

I'm also wondering why hard plastic wasn't used by Medicom.I hope the new armour works out for SS.

Last edited:
On the surface,this such a departure from what SS has been releasing.In a good way

I'm also wondering why hard plastic wasn't used by Medicom.I hope the new armour works out for SS.

Makes you wonder....I am very happy with the inclusion of ABS plastic - as long as the joints on the new armor body are tight, this will be a great thing!

I imagine the joints will have a rubber cushion in the joints similar to what HT uses in their bodies. They have a very smooth motion and stay in place.

Back