ALL THINGS TRANSFORMERS!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is it silly? Japan never got a classics release of ultra Magnus in the Henki line.

Neither did Cliffjumper.

With an MP Ultra Magnus V2 made from MP10 and with a trailer/armor looking increasingly likely the release of a Classics one seems a bit unecessary as a lot of people would sooner have that in the same display as their Classics.

With Prowl & his repaints, Megatron V2 and Sunstreaker also on the cards for the MP line I think the Classics will soon become obsolete for a lot of collectors especially with iGear's PP series and Mini Warriors thrown into the mix.

Some characters won't happen eg Bumblebee, Jazz and Wheeljack but the 3rd parties will inevitably fill in some of the gaps.

iGear Ratchet has a bio that mentions an "engineer" who he befriends and a one eyed "scientist" which are clearly possible hints at a PP series Wheeljack & Shockwave.

Although I think their main lines are still a lost cause it's clear that the 3rd parties have forced Has/Tak to up their game with their one collector line ( Masterpiece ) which is evident with the new attention to scaling and more intresting character choices.

Hopefully this new direction won't get thrown out the window if a particular release doesn't do well or ( worse ) when the run of toys from the fourth Bayformers movie starts.

Neither did Cliffjumper.

With an MP Ultra Magnus V2 made from MP10 and with a trailer/armor looking increasingly likely the release of a Classics one seems a bit unecessary as a lot of people would sooner have that in the same display as their Classics.

With Prowl & his repaints, Megatron V2 and Sunstreaker also on the cards for the MP line I think the Classics will soon become obsolete for a lot of collectors especially with iGear's PP series and Mini Warriors thrown into the mix.

Some characters won't happen eg Bumblebee, Jazz and Wheeljack but the 3rd parties will inevitably fill in some of the gaps.

iGear Ratchet has a bio that mentions an "engineer" who he befriends and a one eyed "scientist" which are clearly possible hints at a PP series Wheeljack & Shockwave.

Although I think their main lines are still a lost cause it's clear that the 3rd parties have forced Has/Tak to up their game with their one collector line ( Masterpiece ) which is evident with the new attention to scaling and more intresting character choices.

Hopefully this new direction won't get thrown out the window if a particular release doesn't do well or ( worse ) when the run of toys from the fourth Bayformers movie starts.

I'd love a proper Ultra Magnus MP with the armour & everything, that would be so sweet.

That's interesting about potential iGear Wheeljack hope they can do one he's still one of my fave G1 figures.

Fingers crossed we see some official announcements from Takara soon regarding the next MP figures...come on Prowl!!!! ;) lol

Neil

I'd love a proper Ultra Magnus MP with the armour & everything, that would be so sweet.

That's interesting about potential iGear Wheeljack hope they can do one he's still one of my fave G1 figures.

Fingers crossed we see some official announcements from Takara soon regarding the next MP figures...come on Prowl!!!! ;) lol

Neil

I'm not a fan of MP10 as a standalone mold but if it had decent Ultra Magnus armor that didn't restrict the poseability in the way City Commander does the Classics mold I'd be prepared to make an exception.

After Sideswipe G1 Wheeljack has my favorite alt mode so the Generations/United version was for me one of the biggest letdowns.

If iGear make him with the same attention to detail as Ironhide & Ratchet then it should turn out rather nicely.

I'm not a fan of MP10 as a standalone mold but if it had decent Ultra Magnus armor that didn't restrict the poseability in the way City Commander does the Classics mold I'd be prepared to make an exception.

After Sideswipe G1 Wheeljack has my favorite alt mode so the Generations/United version was for me one of the biggest letdowns.

If iGear make him with the same attention to detail as Ironhide & Ratchet then it should turn out rather nicely.

What dont you like about MP-10? I never got MP-01 when it came out, and thought it looked awesome. Now that I have MP-10 and compare it against the MP-01, the mold itself is light years ahead in terms of how good it looks. I think the only negative is the smaller size. In my opinion, MP-10 just looks better in both robot and truck modes.

the ONLY negatives i know of with the MP-11 mold is the articulation restrictions on the legs, and his fixed posistion thumbs.

and I've since gotten over both of those.

found this on TFW... the Great Wall of Bee

greatwallofbb.jpg

somebody REALLY needs to tell slenderman he's an asshat for doing this with all the new releases.

found this on TFW... the Great Wall of Bee

greatwallofbb.jpg

somebody REALLY needs to tell slenderman he's an asshat for doing this with all the new releases.

Lol that looks like my local toy shop.

I have never ever understood why Bumblebee should be so important even as a kid I hated him, he was always my worst character in the cartoon...I don't even like him in the new More Than Meets the Eye & Robots in Disguise comics

Gah just annoys me that all we get in any toy shop is him plastered everywhere.

[/rant]

Neil

What dont you like about MP-10? I never got MP-01 when it came out, and thought it looked awesome. Now that I have MP-10 and compare it against the MP-01, the mold itself is light years ahead in terms of how good it looks. I think the only negative is the smaller size. In my opinion, MP-10 just looks better in both robot and truck modes.

The proportions of the robot mode are too exaggerated, the headsculpt is crap, the gun looks stumpy and it has a trailer that I'd have no use for.

I didn't like the oversized, top heavy MP01 either until iGear removed the diecast and made it smaller.

I just got both these guys in the mail and i must say they look fantastic. Wow.. just wow. Pictures really don't do these guys justice. After all these years i finally have the (not)ironhide and (not)Ratchet i always wanted. G1 versions be damned :pfft:. I'll try and post some pics asap.

PS: I bought these directly from Igear ($240) recieved it within a week, wow!

Corsair,

I forgot to ask did you get hit with Customs for Ironhide & Ratchet??

I'm seriously tempted at the moment but not sure I can take the chance of a £30 - £40 customs bill.

If not then the next question is do I jump in & get the coneheads or Ironhide & Ratchet...hmmmm not sure :(

Neil

Hey, since I only just got into Takara MP figures, I look up reviews on youtube a lot. I stumbled across a guy called Vangelus - his reviews are hands down the most entertaining reviews out there! The content is pretty much the same, but his running commentary I really like! Had me laughing and kept me interested the whole time, particularly his MP-09 Rodimus review. Nice work out there by lots of folks!

Corsair,

I forgot to ask did you get hit with Customs for Ironhide & Ratchet??

I'm seriously tempted at the moment but not sure I can take the chance of a £30 - £40 customs bill.

If not then the next question is do I jump in & get the coneheads or Ironhide & Ratchet...hmmmm not sure :(

Neil

No, both items were marked as gifts and if I remember right that's also been the case with all my direct iGear orders so far.

Tricky choice, the Coneheads are still available as a set on their site but Ramjet & Thrust are starting to become scarce elsewhere.

Ironhide & Ratchet should be around for a while yet but once word catches on how good they are I think a lot of the people who dislike iGear and/or 3rd parties in general may have a change of thought, I think they're as much of a landmark in 3rd party Transformer history as City Commander was although TFC's Hercules just about hangs on to it's crown.

Lol that looks like my local toy shop.

I have never ever understood why Bumblebee should be so important even as a kid I hated him, he was always my worst character in the cartoon...I don't even like him in the new More Than Meets the Eye & Robots in Disguise comics

Gah just annoys me that all we get in any toy shop is him plastered everywhere.

[/rant]

Neil

I feel the same way. never really liked bumblebee as a kid and really hate how he's the poster boy of transformers now. for Autobots, my favorites were always Prime, Ironhide and Jazz

No, both items were marked as gifts and if I remember right that's also been the case with all my direct iGear orders so far.

Tricky choice, the Coneheads are still available as a set on their site but Ramjet & Thrust are starting to become scarce elsewhere.

Ironhide & Ratchet should be around for a while yet but once word catches on how good they are I think a lot of the people who dislike iGear and/or 3rd parties in general may have a change of thought, I think they're as much of a landmark in 3rd party Transformer history as City Commander was although TFC's Hercules just about hangs on to it's crown.

Thanks buddy :)
I remember Sea Spray & Huffer arriving with no charges from them but they were both so cheap I thought it might have been that they fell under the radar so to speak ;)

Well I think I've just about sold enough stuff (Jpn PS2 console & Hot Toys First Avenger Cap) to be able to afford the 3 coneheads so think I will probably go for them as they seem to be getting rare so better get them while I can.

Also have you got any of the new iGear seekers?
Tempted to get Starscream at the mo to use instead of my Wallmart MP version in my display (he's still sealed ;) lol) but wonder how they compare size wise to the original MP seekers (I'll be using the Takara Skywarp & T-Cracker to go with him)

Anyway thanks again :hi5:

I feel the same way. never really liked bumblebee as a kid and really hate how he's the poster boy of transformers now. for Autobots, my favorites were always Prime, Ironhide and Jazz

Lol yep the Poster boy thing just makes me dislike him even more.
The other thing is this insistence that he can't talk anymore, that just bugs the hell out of me.

My fave Autobots were always - Mirage, Sideswipe, Hound & Prowl

Hopefully Takara or iGear get on & get some of them made would love to have them in my displays :pray::pray:

Neil

Thanks buddy :)
I remember Sea Spray & Huffer arriving with no charges from them but they were both so cheap I thought it might have been that they fell under the radar so to speak ;)

Well I think I've just about sold enough stuff (Jpn PS2 console & Hot Toys First Avenger Cap) to be able to afford the 3 coneheads so think I will probably go for them as they seem to be getting rare so better get them while I can.

Also have you got any of the new iGear seekers?
Tempted to get Starscream at the mo to use instead of my Wallmart MP version in my display (he's still sealed ;) lol) but wonder how they compare size wise to the original MP seekers (I'll be using the Takara Skywarp & T-Cracker to go with him)

Anyway thanks again :hi5:

Lol yep the Poster boy thing just makes me dislike him even more.
The other thing is this insistence that he can't talk anymore, that just bugs the hell out of me.

My fave Autobots were always - Mirage, Sideswipe, Hound & Prowl

Hopefully Takara or iGear get on & get some of them made would love to have them in my displays :pray::pray:

Neil

Glad to help! :)

I have all iGear's Coneheads and the 3 main Seekers. They're the same size as the official versions of the mold and the only issues I've had are,

Wobbly heads on several of them which I fixed with a bit of superglue on the ball joint.

Sometimes the part of the transformation where you slide the torso down can take a while as it doesn't always go all the way down.

Other than that just take care with the usual areas like folding the wings and you'll be fine.

I never had a problem with Bumblebee until the live action movies removed his speech, had him bristling with weapons, changed his alt mode into a Camaro and basically made the story "Optimus Prime & Bumblebee's Big Adventure".

Now it seems that every new version has to defer to that incarnation and the oversaturation of the various toys has made me sick of the sight of him and I feel similarly about Prime....thanks Mr Bay :gah:

The only Bumblebee toy I'll buy now is a MP quality version of G1 'Bee.

My favorite Autobots are,

1.Grimlock/the Dinobots
( Big robots & dinosaurs = WIN! )

2.The Wreckers as seen in the Marvel and modern era comics
( Cybertron's answer to the Expendables! )

3.Wheeljack
( Built the Dinobots and turned into one of my favorite cars ever. )

4.Sideswipe & Sunstreaker
( Awesome alt modes and their dynamic would have been considerably more intresting on the big screen than Skids and Mudflap. Except Bay would have found some way of screwing it up. )

5.Cliffjumper
( Liked big guns and accusing people of being a traitor! )

Hey, sorry to butt into you guys' conversation, just had a quick question. When is that TRU exclusive MP-10 supposed to be hitting shelves?

Hey, sorry to butt into you guys' conversation, just had a quick question. When is that TRU exclusive MP-10 supposed to be hitting shelves?

I thought it was out already. I saw some reviews on tfw2005 or seibertron.com I think.

I'll stick with my Takara version, since I prefer the darker colours. I think the lighter blue eyes on the Hasbro are better, but the lighter blue everywhere else just looks a bit weird and too bright to me.

I thought it was out already. I saw some reviews on tfw2005 or seibertron.com I think.

I'll stick with my Takara version, since I prefer the darker colours. I think the lighter blue eyes on the Hasbro are better, but the lighter blue everywhere else just looks a bit weird and too bright to me.

I've not seen any in the wild myself but there are Ebay sellers already going at over inflated prices.

If they stay this way then I'll just pay the extra & get the Takara version instead...at least I get better packaging that I won't have to butcher to get him out that way ;)

thecorsair said:
Glad to help!

I have all iGear's Coneheads and the 3 main Seekers. They're the same size as the official versions of the mold and the only issues I've had are,

Wobbly heads on several of them which I fixed with a bit of superglue on the ball joint.

Sometimes the part of the transformation where you slide the torso down can take a while as it doesn't always go all the way down.

Other than that just take care with the usual areas like folding the wings and you'll be fine.

I never had a problem with Bumblebee until the live action movies removed his speech, had him bristling with weapons, changed his alt mode into a Camaro and basically made the story "Optimus Prime & Bumblebee's Big Adventure".

Now it seems that every new version has to defer to that incarnation and the oversaturation of the various toys has made me sick of the sight of him and I feel similarly about Prime....thanks Mr Bay

The only Bumblebee toy I'll buy now is a MP quality version of G1 'Bee.

My favorite Autobots are,

1.Grimlock/the Dinobots
( Big robots & dinosaurs = WIN! )

2.The Wreckers as seen in the Marvel and modern era comics
( Cybertron's answer to the Expendables! )

3.Wheeljack
( Built the Dinobots and turned into one of my favorite cars ever. )

4.Sideswipe & Sunstreaker
( Awesome alt modes and their dynamic would have been considerably more intresting on the big screen than Skids and Mudflap. Except Bay would have found some way of screwing it up. )

5.Cliffjumper
( Liked big guns and accusing people of being a traitor! )

Thanks man :)
Glad to hear they will fit in nicely.

Reckon I may take the plunge once I'm paid for my PS2...now I just need someone to buy my games as well ;) lol

I'll be careful with the Transformation then, no way I want broken coneheads :(

Yep the whole 'Bee can't talk idea really really ruined him.
Like I said I was never a big fan but that just pushed it over the edge.

I love the Dinobots, my brother was even more obsessed though...Sludge was his fave :)

The Wreckers are immense...been looking at Fanstoys Springer lately but for the price I think I might skip him, need to get the Cone's & PP05's first (not to mention either MP10 or Faith Leader) maybe one day.

I actually chose Prowl over Wheeljack, both are so close in my eye's but Prowl just pipped him lol

Neil

Fellas, does anybody have a good address where you could link me to Vol. 4 of the IDW TF Collection?!
I get 5 next week and have 4 on order for months...but it keeps getting postponed...

Back