Anakin Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still hopeful that the final figure will look as good as Luke ended up looking, but if he doesn't I'll repaint mine and post pics. Then the rest of you can decide if you'd like yours to look the same. :D

DarkArtist81 said:
Yeah... it reminds me of how Dante's cousin Walt died in Clerks.... "OO's resting on his chin" :rotfl :rotfl

"Wow.....he really made it..."

As for the sculpt.. no matter what.. it's a wonderful sculpt and we all know that good paint can make it look perfect. I might actually take a crack at fixing the lips and hair myself...

Yeah, there's a quote I never thought I'd hear in a Star Wars thread... :lol

I'll probably take a crack at fixing the lips as well. I've customized paint apps on smaller areas. It's just a matter of finding out what kind of paints to use and what the best shade is. The hair I'm fine with.

Anyone have any suggestions??

I'm kewl with it.

The mold line in the hair sucks though. I mean come one, could they not have hit it with a xacto knife before painting?

Customikey said:
I'm still hopeful that the final figure will look as good as Luke ended up looking, but if he doesn't I'll repaint mine and post pics. Then the rest of you can decide if you'd like yours to look the same. :D

Hey Mikey, seriously, if mine has that mold seam it's coming your way for the full proto match treatment. But what can you do or suggest to do to remove the seam, sand it out somehow?

DarkArtist81 said:
Yeah... it reminds me of how Dante's cousin Walt died in Clerks.... "OO's resting on his chin" :rotfl :rotfl

"Wow.....he really made it..."

As for the sculpt.. no matter what.. it's a wonderful sculpt and we all know that good paint can make it look perfect. I might actually take a crack at fixing the lips and hair myself...

It was actually Randal's cousin that died that way. Sorry, I'm a Jersey Trilogy dork too. Dante could never reach.

pjam said:
Hey Mikey, seriously, if mine has that mold seam it's coming your way for the full proto match treatment. But what can you do or suggest to do to remove the seam, sand it out somehow?

I think some very careful and patient shaving with an exacto would do it. Then you'd have to paint the areas that are bare. Then you'd have to repaint the whole hairpiece. Then you end up repainting the face. Oh! And then the hands don't match so you've got to repaint those. And the cloak is too light, so that gets a wash in paint or tea or coffee. Then the boots have to be weathered! THEN THE LIGHTSABER NEEDS SOME SHINE!!! THEN THE BODY SHOULD MATCH THE FACE!!! THEN THE EYES DON'T LOOK RIGHT SO YOU KEEP FIXING AND FIXING AND FIXING UNTIL HE'S PERFECT, BY WHICH TIME YOU'VE DONE SOM MUCH DAMNED FIXING THAT IT'S NOT EVEN RECOGNIZABLE AS THE ORIGINAL TOY AND YOU END UP BUYING ANOTHER ON E SO YOU CAN SEE WHAT ALL YOU DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:google :google :google

pantpantpant...........:monkey4 :monkey5 :monkey4 :monkey5

Customikey said:
I think some very careful and patient shaving with an exacto would do it. Then you'd have to paint the areas that are bare. Then you'd have to repaint the whole hairpiece. Then you end up repainting the face. Oh! And then the hands don't match so you've got to repaint those. And the cloak is too light, so that gets a wash in paint or tea or coffee. Then the boots have to be weathered! THEN THE LIGHTSABER NEEDS SOME SHINE!!! THEN THE BODY SHOULD MATCH THE FACE!!! THEN THE EYES DON'T LOOK RIGHT SO YOU KEEP FIXING AND FIXING AND FIXING UNTIL HE'S PERFECT, BY WHICH TIME YOU'VE DONE SOM MUCH DAMNED FIXING THAT IT'S NOT EVEN RECOGNIZABLE AS THE ORIGINAL TOY AND YOU END UP BUYING ANOTHER ON E SO YOU CAN SEE WHAT ALL YOU DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:google :google :google

Good to know...

Customikey said:

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Yeah, I know if I started to fix a figure in that way... that is EXACTLY what would happen.. I'm really a perfectionist and things usually get redone and redone until it's totally destroyed so that I have to start again...

tomandshell said:
That's why I would be too scared to ever try to customize any of my figures!

I hear you on that one. I'd have to buy another one on Ebay because I'd screw up the original one so bad it couldn't be fixed:banghead , not to mention when you buy another one on Ebay, you end up paying about twice what it costs in the first place:doh

Back