Arnold Schwarzenegger Conan PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are some nice pics. Not worried about the feet getting wet?..i assume they are molded with no actual leather-like material for the boots right?. I just can't stand the hilt being pretty much all gold, other then that it looks pretty nice.

So, I'm thinking of getting this... is it really good in person? An impressive piece?

This is an amazing piece. SS has it on sale right now, so this is the time to get it. I've had him displayed for a couple months now and just can't get over how great it is.

This is an amazing piece. SS has it on sale right now, so this is the time to get it. I've had him displayed for a couple months now and just can't get over how great it is.

Yeah I payed full price for the exclusive, not to mention about 40 bucks shipping since it comes in such a large box. Oh, well no use crying over spilt milk. It's an awesome piece. Those of you debating on it should grab it now.

Yeah I payed full price for the exclusive, not to mention about 40 bucks shipping since it comes in such a large box. Oh, well no use crying over spilt milk. It's an awesome piece. Those of you debating on it should grab it now.

Same here. When I saw that sale price and and discounted shipping on this piece, I was like hell I should have waited and saved a bundle. On the other hand, I'm glad I got it and didn't wait until it sold out, since I got the EX too.

I'm thinking of getting it especially for that price and shipping deal. I cancelled it before when I had it on preorder. Just had too many things coming all at once then. It's too bad about the scale but it sounds like it's still an impressive piece. If I get it, I may have it displayed away from the others so it stands more on it's own. It probably looks better that way. Debating... :confused:

Hi guys!

I'd like to share my thoughts about Conan with a little review....

After seeing him at SDCC 08, although I thought it was a great piece, it was on top of my list. Eventually I had the opportunity to purchase him and from the moment I opened the box, I fell in love with it...

SIZE

First of all, let me say that when it comes to size, he is not a small PF like many thought. I have him close to Aragorn and considering his legs are bent and his base is not as tall as Aragorn, it is pretty much the same size.

PAINT JOB

The paint application was very well done. The war paint was very close to movie accuracy and the blood was well done specially on the sword and hands. However, the blood could in my opinion have been done a lot better on his body. It looks like it was stenciled on and not done as well as it could have been. I actually added some blood here and there to make it more realistic but keeping it close to the original paint job. I also thought that the War Paint around his eyes was a bit light so I used a black pastel that I rubbed on a piece of sand paper to get a powder and carefully apply around his eyes. that made the eyes pop out and made him look a bit scarier.

LIKENESS

I think the likeness is spot on. Although I think they could have made his expression a bit more intense, the face still looks great. There ins't much I can say besides it is as close as it gets to Arnie's face. Great job Sideshow.

POSE

To me it captured the movie perfectly, except the face expression. The choice of making him coming down the stairs of the palace was a great one. It is a powerful pose and it is very well balanced.

CLOTHING

There isn't much but it has just the right amount. The pants are great and the fur well done. Boots and scabbard are sculpted.

BASE

At first I was not sure about the base. I thought the Marble look made it look a bit plastic like and cheapened the overall look of the piece. But after watching the movie, I realized that it is very much movie accurate and compliments the piece very well because it is not just a base but part of the movie. Looking around my other PFs, this base is the most elaborated one to date. I just wished there was a name plate. A little note about the back. It has a felt type paper that comes unglued easily after a while. You can fix that by just using some Elmer's Glue or similar to put that thing back in place.

EXCLUSIVE VERSION

I thought the father's Sword was a great choice. It is very well done and surprisingly light, considering how heavy this piece is. If you don't know the movie it makes no difference having it or not, but then again, it is a beautiful accessory to the whole theme.

It is a great looking piece and with a 500 edition size for the exclusive, I'm very surprised that it is still available. If you are a big movie fan and like to collect movie icons like I do, then Conan is a must. Unless Sideshow comes up with something better, that won't be a better reresentation of this classic character. So for Crom's sake, safe some money and get this thing. You won't regret, I promise...

Cheers

Bear

Picture120.jpg
Picture121.jpg
Picture117.jpg

Picture116.jpg
Picture126.jpg

Last edited:
My review .....

Great review and I got my EX on friday and he is AWESOME :D and I totally agree with all you said and like you I would have liked to have seen a name plack (spelling?) or something on the front like they do with the LOTR PFs, it is a must have for any Conan fans :rock

Even though I have had my EX since March, this weekend was my first chance to display him. I have him in a black glass display case and he looks absolutely incredible. I'm going to put in some lighting and I'm sure he'll really pop out.

Very, very late to the party... but today I received Josh's repainted and weathered Conan in the mail.

I saw this when I visited his home last fall and was blown away, so when he offered it up on eBay I had to have it. I really think this paint work and weathering were able to do the fantastic sculpt justice.

So stoked to have this in my collection :rock :rock :rock

cola.jpg

conanb.jpg

conanc.jpg

conand.jpg

conang.jpg

conanf.jpg

Last edited:
I'm surprised he gave it up. That was a nice repaint. Conan is definitely one of my favorite pieces in my vast PF collection.

Thanks... I love this piece. I would have been happy with a normal one and always planned to pick one up. But, glad I was able to get this one.

Damn, I'm envious. I wanted Josh to repaint and weather a PF Conan for me, but he never got back to me. Congrats! :hi5:

BTW, I was curious about the scale issue as he is definitely smaller than the Indy PF I have.

But in measuring the height of Conan (using a string to follow the contours of the figure) and he came out to about 17 1/4". So not quite 1/4 scale as Arnold is listed as being 6'2"ish would be a little over 18", but not super far off the mark.

I didn't measure Indy before I boxed him up, but I'd guess he's actually a bit oversized for 1/4 scale.

Congrats on the custom - I'm jealous!!!

The PF is definitely under-scaled. It's pretty noticeable next to other PF's on display... BUT, the PF is so great in every other aspect, it's totally forgivable.

I put mine on a riser - think it helps out a bit:

conanpf1.jpg

conanpf13.jpg

conanpf3.jpg

How tall is Leonidas? Just the figure, not including the base?

And you're right... Conan works on the risers. Mine's displayed by himself, so the scale issue isn't really an issue. And the only other PF I have is Darkness which isn't really a normal comparison.

that conan is sick.............:rock
i think i remember josh posting this in his thread maybe?
anyway..........are you going to put a mini-poster in that space in your display?

Back