Article: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City -1/6 Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure NOT REVEALED

Let us raise our glasses of OJ to Howard Chan.

Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure NOT REVEALED

It's stunning how long this license has been buried, and Batman Returns.

This is what happens when there is no direct competition and licenses become exclusive. Boy do I wish some would would put Hot Toys where they belong. :mad:

Batman license is definitely not exclusive to Hot Toys, so is Arkham license.

Companies probably figure even though there are many Arkham fans, sales on the expensive 1/6 lines probably won't be good, since a game cost between $20-$60 while a 1/6 cost over $150. Also only a small fraction of gamer collects game related collectibles. Compared to movie & comic fans.

People looking forward for an Arkham 1/6 may look forward to Medicom release instead, since they are doing the not so popular Batmans.

We are just going to have to wait until everyone stops buying into the IM franchise (which will end) and then we will see the Arkham and Returns figures.

Bare in mind though that's still more Batman figures... not necessarily fresh innovative ideas although i'm not complaining

In a few years, Iron Man will be a distant memory until they remake it >_>

nah, iron man heat not gonna turn cold, it's like Batman & James Bond, they will keep releasing new movie every few years irregardless who is the next Tony.

ironman is a better seller than batman because ironman is every kid's dream.

but as usual HT will release products from other movies due to commitment. you can't just have ironman license alone they usually force you to buy license for other movies, for example Avatar. I bet HT actually made a lost in making Avatar figure.

In a few years, Iron Man will be a distant memory until they remake it >_>

nah, iron man heat not gonna turn cold, it's like Batman & James Bond, they will keep releasing new movie every few years irregardless who is the next Tony.

ironman is a better seller than batman because ironman is every kid's dream.

but as usual HT will release products from other movies due to commitment. you can't just have ironman license alone they usually force you to buy license for other movies, for example Avatar. I bet HT actually made a lost in making Avatar figure.

Those kids must be really young idiots since when I was growing up every kid wanted to be Batman.

well batman is really hard for kids to understand, while ironman, everyone wants an ironman suit like what Tony is wearing.

also the color tone of ironman is more attractive to kids.

nobody wants to be Bruce Wayne and everyone wants to be Tony Stark.

Tony is clearly the winner & playa.

Those kids must be really young idiots since when I was growing up every kid wanted to be Batman.

IM has only blew up again since these new reincarnation movies. So the kids aren't really old enough yet to be spending the amount of money needed on all the figures being released. Not to mention these 'kids' aren't trying to understand, there kids

The people who buy now, my generation and the ones before are all mostly Batman lovers, not IM or they like Batman more than IM. It's just a fad that came about from the new films and will most likely the balance will be restored

Tell me how many IM figures came out before a few years ago?

well batman is really hard for kids to understand, while ironman, everyone wants an ironman suit like what Tony is wearing.

:lol

You never cease to amaze.

Bruce ends up a sad old lonely man without a penny left in his bank account, oh wait in Dark Knight Returns part 2 he ended up living with a bunch of ex convicts in a cave. He even made his own death so real that his Butler couldn't handle it.

Tony on the other hand still has all his fortune, company, friends & girlfriends.

Tony's the man. He can still fight even at age of 100 thanks to his armor.

:lol

You never cease to amaze.

Bruce ends up a sad old lonely man without a penny left in his bank account, oh wait in Dark Knight Returns part 2 he ended up living with a bunch of ex convicts in a cave. He even made his own death so real that his Butler couldn't handle it.

Tony on the other hand still has all his fortune, company, friends & girlfriends.

Tony's the man. He can still fight even at age of 100 thanks to his armor.

But your point is invalid since he's ****ing Batman. The pinnacle of a superhero badass. No villain is more scared of a superhero then Batman.

I can't believe you're in here trying to fluff Iron Man.

Anyone can be Iron Man since the suit does all the work. You need to earn being Batman.

Well not just IM, even SW & other 1/6 doesn't have so many figures released back then, simply because the 1/6 market hasn't grown to what it is today.

It's been quite a few years since the 1st IM movie came out, most of the kids/teenagers have grown up and able to afford a figure. It's expensive but a week working in McDonalds should grant them the money to afford one. I mean kids nowadays owns PS3 which is more expensive than a IM.

And don't forget, IM has alot of Pop culture followers that knows nothing about IM until they saw it in the movies. I know people don't watch Transformers G1 cartoons because they are, well cartoons, yet when the life action came out everybody went crazy over it just because it's not a cartoon & it's now the in thing. Most of them are teens & young adults who can afford one. Same folks who buy every version of Iphones & Ipads. Probably the same people who buys Volkswagen Polo & Golfs.

IM has only blew up again since these new reincarnation movies. So the kids aren't really old enough yet to be spending the amount of money needed on all the figures being released. Not to mention these 'kids' aren't trying to understand, there kids

The people who buy now, my generation and the ones before are all mostly Batman lovers, not IM or they like Batman more than IM. It's just a fad that came about from the new films and will most likely the balance will be restored

Tell me how many IM figures came out before a few years ago?

I know how great Batman is, the animated series is still the best Batman ever.

However let's face it, Batman might be the sad hero type but nobody would want to be him.

Tony Stark on the other hand, izz da Boss. He don't even need to be in the action to stay in the action. As people say, work smart, not work hard.

Tony only needs 1 suit to do everything Batman can with all his gadgets.

Reality is hard to accept.

However it's impressive Batman can take on Superman, but that's just because they needed him to in order to make a movie out of it.

But your point is invalid since he's ****ing Batman. The pinnacle of a superhero badass. No villain is more scared of a superhero then Batman.

I can't believe you're in here trying to fluff Iron Man.

Anyone can be Iron Man since the suit does all the work. You need to earn being Batman.

The only reason IM sells more than Batman & effectively is the bread winner for HT is because there are ten thousand variants you can make of the suit and that's exactly what they are doing

They know IM isn't always going to sell the amount it is now, hence the multitude of figures being pushed through the production line

Batman will ALWAYS be bigger than IM in western culture, it's a fact.

The original tony stark looked like a twat haha

The only reason IM sells more than Batman & effectively is the bread winner for HT is because there are ten thousand variants you can make of the suit and that's exactly what they are doing

They know IM isn't always going to sell the amount it is now, hence the multitude of figures being pushed through the production line

Batman will ALWAYS be bigger than IM in western culture, it's a fact.

You need to earn the smarts to making the suit.

If I had any creative skill I would photoshop Jesse's face from Breaking Bad onto Tony Stark in Iron Man armor with the Caption "Yeah Science, B!tc h!".

You need to earn the smarts to making the suit.

If I had any creative skill I would photoshop Jesse's face from Breaking Bad onto Tony Stark in Iron Man armor with the Caption "Yeah Science, B!tc h!".

Stark isn't **** without the suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back