Article: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City -1/6 Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure NOT REVEALED

Yeah they mentioned in Arkham Unhinged that the new ventriloquist is, Its been a while simce I've read it, but I think it said the new Ventriloquist is Peyton Riley.

Yeah, it was Peyton in the comics. Paul Dini and Scott Snyder both told some great stories with her. Hinting that the doll is a little haunted was cool. Of course i think she died too. I have the issues, I would need to go look them up.

I want Lady Shiva. I am hoping she appears in Arkham Origins. She is the world's greatest assassin.

Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure NOT REVEALED

I want the new robin in origins. He looks awesome. Wouldn't mind a 1/6th Harley either.

Honestly, I'd buy any figures from the line... I'd skip a Batmobile since I don't have the room.

I'd love a Riddler just because I think the suit would look cool.

I really want a the Mad Hatter mask included with Batman.

40.jpg

That would make for one hell of an EX.

I trust you own all the DVDs?

The (new) BTAS Scarecrow was a big guy, and his voice was creepy as hell. He was intimidating just by doing nothing. Perhaps that's why I find the Arkham Scarecrow a bit underwhelming.

Probably because that creepy as hell voice was Dr. Herbert West himself, Jeffrey Combs.

Whaa?? Unacceptable. Shame on you! :lol Individual volumes are pretty cheap on Amazon. I managed to get the Batman Beyond Collectors' Edition for cheap last year. I didn't buy the JLU tin set though as I already had it on blu ray.

Yeah, I actually have a long history with my TAS DVDs. I initially bought them whenever they would first come out, volume by volume, and I owned the entire series in the individual box sets, but, a few years back, I allowed a friend of mine to borrow them for his new comic shop, so that he'd have something to play for customers. Due to the shop still being pretty new, them not being entirely moved in yet, and the variety of other things in the shop that needed to be done, my TAS DVDs got lost in the shuffle.

I'm a patient guy so I chose to take it as a glass half full, rather than a glass half empty. I figured, if he does find them, I get my shows back, if he doesn't, I'll just continue to hold out for a Blu-Ray release. So, I waited, and waited, and waited...and waited, and neither of those things came to fruition, even though my urge to watch the show only increased. That being said, by that point, I still wasn't going to let it get me down, I figured "what the hell, I'll pick up that Complete Series set that I missed out on back in the day due to my already owning the series, and I'll have the superior set, and everything will be good in the world, again.

By this time, the Complete Series set had long since sold out. I checked Amazon; $250-$300, I checked eBay and most were around $150-$200, which was still too expensive for my tastes. However, one number hit the sweet spot, and I ordered it. That being said, I remembered an old video I'd seen while searching for unboxings of the set to see what it looked like, in which a buyer had received a counterfeit set. It prompted me to do more research, and, after discovering how widespread the issue is, I came to the realization that "if it sounds too good to be true, the odds are that it probably is." When the set arrived, I inspected it, just to be safe, but I'd already contacted the seller with all of the info on counterfeits I'd gathered, and, upon confirming it, I sent it back, and was, once again, Batman-less.

That being said, the story didn't end badly! At the time I had purchased it, I posted in the "latest DVD and Blu-Ray haul" thread what it was, and that it was most likely a fake that would probably be headed back once I got it.
Upon hearing this, a fellow freak contacted me, and said he'd be more than happy to sell me his authentic one for the same price, naturally, I took the offer, and, not only did I purchase the TAS set from him, but, after seeing the quality of it, I sold off my Beyond DVDs and managed to make enough off of them to buy that complete series set, which he also offered to sell for a good price! With that being said, thanks very much to Darth Waller for all of the help with the TAS set!

I've cleaned up the trolling in this thread. Please stay on topic.

I want the new robin in origins. He looks awesome. Wouldn't mind a 1/6th Harley either.

If we get a Robin at all it will be the **** Grayson version. The one in City was Tim Drake.

As far as what figures I'd like to see are, the ones I'd most want are:
-Mr.Freeze
-Catwoman
-Robin
-Two-Face
-Nightwing
-Penguin
-Talia
-Ra's

That being said, I'd really like Freeze, Face, and Batman's allies the most. As far as big figures go, that's easy: Grundy. I'm really impressed by the DCD one, so, a full fledged 1/6th version with the same features, as well as LED functions in the eyes and veins would be killer.

-Mr.Freeze
-Catwoman
-Robin
-Two-Face
-Nightwing
-Penguin
-Talia
-Ra's

That being said, I'd really like Freeze, Face, and Batman's allies the most. As far as big figures go, that's easy: Grundy. I'm really impressed by the DCD one, so, a full fledged 1/6th version with the same features, as well as LED functions in the eyes and veins would be killer.

I had an interest in the Grundy they released. But don't know anyone who bought it, and haven't look at reviews. I do want the Freeze and Croc they released though.

I forgot about Talia, add her to my list.

Yeah, personally, though, I think Freeze could blow the doors off of anything that HT has ever done if done right (LEDs in tubes, goggles, and gun), but I really, really like what I'm seeing of Origins, and I'd love to see them tackle some of those character designs (Batman, Joker, and Deathstroke, to start).

Yeah, personally, though, I think Freeze could blow the doors off of anything that HT has ever done if done right (LEDs in tubes, goggles, and gun), but I really, really like what I'm seeing of Origins, and I'd love to see them tackle some of those character designs (Batman, Joker, and Deathstroke, to start).

:exactly::goodpost: I am loving the redesign of Bane. And Black Mask looks awesome. I'm interested to see who else is in this game.

-Mr.Freeze
-Catwoman
-Robin
-Two-Face
-Nightwing
-Penguin
-Talia
-Ra's

Not only this, but we could also have a Hot Toys Deathstroke. A Hot Toys DEATHSTROKE! This is what happens when you lollygag on a license: you lose out to other potential goldmines.

-Mr.Freeze
-Catwoman
-Robin
-Two-Face
-Nightwing
-Penguin
-Talia
-Ra's

You're spot on how amazing they would be, Freeze in some ways was the best villain in AC in terms of his character design. Such a great interpretation.

Not just character design, but the interpretation was pretty much synched with the classic TAS version, which made him one of the most compelling, and best designed villains; not to mention the most gratifying boss battle in the game IMO.

Damn straight. That robotic voice in the suit was just as chilling as TAS version. I don't know how we went from the sheer perfection that was in TAS... to ****ing annnuld.

No clue, but I've got to give Scumacher some credit; at least he knew to use the TAS origin in his film.:lol

Damn, all of this talk of Mr. Freeze today, and I find out via Paul Dini's Twitter that Michael Ansara, the man behind the classic portrayal on TAS, passed away today.

Damn, all of this talk of Mr. Freeze today, and I find out via Paul Dini's Twitter that Michael Ansara, the man behind the classic portrayal on TAS, passed away today.

That is sad news. One of the main things that made the Animated Series so great, were the villains. I always loved how Mr. Freeze's voice sounded.

To this day, I still consider TAS (and the animated films) to be the best incarnation of Batman ever conceived.

If we get a Robin at all it will be the **** Grayson version. The one in City was Tim Drake.

Yea i know and he looks badass. I like tim drake and think he's the best robin but he looked way to old in origins and looked to much like assasins creed in gotham.

Oh man, that is so sad. He was a legend, and from what Mark Hamill said, he had a hard time performing as Freeze as he had to be emotionless.

I think the last time he voiced Freeze was in the Batman Vengeance game (which is a great game still none the less).

Oh man, that is so sad. He was a legend, and from what Mark Hamill said, he had a hard time performing as Freeze as he had to be emotionless.

I think the last time he voiced Freeze was in the Batman Vengeance game (which is a great game still none the less).

I wish they'd put that one on the PSN store at some point. Hurry up and complete Gaikai, Sony!:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back